Control Arms

smokiez

Oct 15, 2013
norman, ok
I decided to change gears over to 4.10 on my 01 5speed and wondering if it would be worth the time and money to replace the control arms at the same time, if so what brands would be good. Dont have alot of money to blow on them so cheaper the better just dont wanna buy crap arms. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

In short, yes. Get a good quality set with urethane bushings. Check the bushings on the housing as well. Get what you can afford with a good warranty. Whatever you do, stay far far far away from anything with the GMS name on your car for ANYTHING.

For the same unit weight, tubular will be stronger than boxed, but I would make my decision based on the bushing construction (or spherical rods ends). You're not going to notice the difference between tubular and boxed on a street car. Steeda for one also makes them out of aluminum which can save a few pounds, but again it's a minor difference on a street car.

I have never had an issue with the dozens of UPR arms I have used or sold. Just don't get the heim joints for your ends on a street car. Urethane bushings will be more than adequate.

Reactions: 1 user