coolant missing???

xYoung347x

Nov 3, 2003
My car seems to be disappearing all the time. It seems like I have to add half a gallon every week. Did I bust a head gasket or something?

P.S. My car still over heat sometimes. I have a summit radiator w/ 192 tstat and its pissing me off.

• Sponsors (?)

it could be a number of things...blown head gasket, bad heater core (mine never leaked on the floor but i was losing coolant like no bodies business and couldnt even find a drip of coolant anywhere), bad radiator cap that wont hold pressure will blow out coolant when it gets too hot. check the oil and see if it looks like a milkshake because if it does than theres coolant in your oil. but you could just be burning it like custom89stang said. it could also be a combination of things like a bad thermostat that wont open and bad radiator cap. those are the easiest to check, so replace those and than bypass the heater core and if you are still losing coolant than its a head gasket, or could possibly be a water pump (on the shaft itself, and underneath at the weep hole). check everywhere that coolant flows through.