Coolant mixed oil

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
San Antonio,Texas
I have a 92 gt that I’ve had few years. I noticed white smoke and then I looked in oil and I have the milky coolant. I cheacled the dipstick and it’s almost like mud. Where could it be mixing? I remove head a while back . I had a broken spring and wanted to take a look at the piston and swap valve(assumed. It was bent) ever scince it’s done that. How can I tell if its a head gasket? Where should I look? Compression test tells me anything about the mixing ?how can I clean out the engine without having it rebuilt? I’d like to find leak first then clean it out and fix mixing spot.Please someone help I’m about to give up and sell it if I can’t run it

Attachments

• 17557B21-48EB-4E43-9CD9-5F7DD09B9F24.jpeg
    17557B21-48EB-4E43-9CD9-5F7DD09B9F24.jpeg
    832.3 KB · Views: 22
  • D2D4C6C9-4F4B-4095-8E30-957657119A85.jpeg
    D2D4C6C9-4F4B-4095-8E30-957657119A85.jpeg
    886.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Sponsors (?)

Typically it is a head gasket failure.
Could be a cracked head, but not likely.
An Intake Manifold gasket failed at one of the coolant ports at the corners of the intake manifold is possible.

Reactions: 1 user
An Intake Manifold gasket failed at one of the coolant ports at the corners of the intake manifold is possible.
Thanks for the response. To see if it’s a head gasket failure how can I tell? Is there a way to know without starting the car? I feel like if I sell it I will regret it big time ! The cat was also running warm like 220 230 i think.

Also another question. The car was running warm/got 220 230 can that temp cause heads to warp? Reason I’m asking is because id like to remove heads and redue head gasket without having heads resurfaced. I just had them done 2 years back so can I do that and get away with it? Anyone been successful doing this?Can I use a sn95 mustang 94-98 radiator or any radiator from junkyard ?

This guy is pretty good and his videos are mildly entertaining.

View: https://youtu.be/WgrfT0LFMhc?feature=shared

Why thank you for that! Now if cars running hot blown head gasket, cracked head or could it also be possible that a incorrectly installed head gasket be the issue? I use the felpro 9333s and I know that ears are facing front of block but what if I missed the 3rd stage on the tourqeing? It’s three steps? The last I’m not sure if I did it I might’ve gotten distracted. Water pump was new. When doing leak down test I’m hearing for air or feeling for air intake exhaust but dosent that just tell me if valves or open?

If they're cast heads, it's pretty unlikely that they're warped.

If your first post was something like, "You should have seen the explosion!" then I'd say, Maybe. :)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Update! I used compressed air and water shot right out the #2 spark plug ! I suspected the driver side because I took that head off not the passenger! How much psi should I be using in a leak down test when running just a straight hose to cylinder? Should I pull one spark plug at a time to do it? I’m in front of harbor freight and I bought the leak down tester as well. Reason I ask on psi is if I set it at tdc on a cylinder and it has too much psi won’t that drop my piston then having a hard time trying to test next cylinder in firing order cuz the engine turned?

Attachments

• 625D87D6-7CA6-40E9-BBDD-99F38776C1A3.jpeg
    625D87D6-7CA6-40E9-BBDD-99F38776C1A3.jpeg
    681.3 KB · Views: 15