Cooling Fan Issue

Ddjohnson

Jul 8, 2018
Texas
Hey guys, I'm in need of some help. I have a 95 Gt 5.0 all stock. I'm having an issue with my cooling fan. On a hot day around 85 to 90 deg temp my ac works perfect. But on days where the temp is 100+ my cooling fan shuts off while running my ac. Sometimes it may stay on if I'm constantly moving,but in traffic or sitting still for 2 to 3 mins, the cooling fan shuts off causing engine to overheat. The fan won't come back on until engine cools down. If I don't run the AC at all, cooling fan works normal like it suppose to. The only time the cooling fan cuts out is when ac running in 100+ weather. Last summer I replaced the AC lines because of a leak, ac worked perfect previously but been having this issue ever since. Car has new raidator, new coolant temp sensor, new coolant sending unit, new cooling fan,new water pump and ac system is properly charged. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help is appreciated and Thanks in Advance!

• Sponsors (?)

In hot temps the freon runs at higher temps. If your fan is wired to the ac relay or pressure switch it will cut off with the compressor. In order for fan to stay on constant it will need a trigger from before the pressure switch. As the heat drops in the radiator the heat drops in the condenser....pressure drops...fan cuts back on.

I don't know what year you have or what fan controller you run.