Correct nozzle placement!?

Hey guys. I mounted my nozzle under my intake (NX single stage, wet) And pointed it in the orientation of the arrow. Do you think the fuel will have an alright time making the bend, or do i need to relocate my nozzle?

18171_1214802573609_1335150140_30563293_7235236_n.jpg

Opinions?

Oh and :Zip2: about the material used to make my intake...

• Sponsors (?)

I've seen many in locations around there so others are doing it but me personally, I would get it as close to the valves as possible. I would drill the intake just behind the TB or drill the TB.

Manufacturer specs usually say about 4" before the TB blade. Drilling into the TB with a wet shot would most likely cause puddling in the intake= explosion.
Stock intake is very restrictive and kind of limits your shot size but that's a whole different story. If your nozzle is orientated the correct direction you should be alright.

Looks like a stock motor, how big of a shot are you running?

looks about 3" inches from the TB blade, probably plenty far off, i was just stating what the manufacturer usually suggests, some guys even put it BEFORE the MAF.
Once i get my kit rewired this is where it will be going into the new CAI:
85cc692e-1.jpg

Manufacturer specs usually say about 4" before the TB blade. Drilling into the TB with a wet shot would most likely cause puddling in the intake= explosion.
Stock intake is very restrictive and kind of limits your shot size but that's a whole different story. If your nozzle is orientated the correct direction you should be alright.

Looks like a stock motor, how big of a shot are you running?

Im going to test at 50-75-100 and run 100 on the street. maybe ill move it a bit closer? :shrug: Testing will tell i suppose. thanks for the answers guys.

you'll like the spray, its addictive. If that CAI is plastic like it appears to be, do you have a bulkhead and fitting to screw in the nozzle? if not and you plan on drilling into the inlet tube and pushing the nozzle in, you will very likely be leaking metered air.

you may consider this, they offer it in 1/8 and 1/16:
Zex: Fittings - Bulk Head Fitting - 1/8 NPT bulkhead fitting w/ backing nut

i ALWAYS mount in the TB... i also ONLY squirt dry.

fuel will ALWAYS puddle in the intake.....its a given... its just if it ignites or not, it's IMPOSSIBLE for the rough casting to allow all the fuel to pass through all the turns.

you have that nice smooth elbow so you should be ok.....but ideally if you sprayed 6" or so from the TB blade directly in the tb with no turns it is best. the mac tube and whoever else made them have a boss you drill and tap. puts it perfect

your usage makes a diff too... i spray from the hole... and don't lift til i hit the lights

if you don't let the smack come on til 3500+ your def fine... thats a lot of air moving, even if you don't... your probably fine if you follow all the rules and dont get stupid

id be putting it in the EGR plate... but youd have to bypass the coolent flow through it....

putting it in the t-body would be fine as long as you dont spray to low.