correct offest/rims for 5 lug swap with sn95 axles

Thats cool, my Dart is three colors too. Car looks great with the Cobra's. I see you have Aerocatches also. I just got a set. Have to work up the nerve to cut my CF hood though.

Yeah, installing those was the one thing to my car i actually had fear in doing. Everything else was a cakewalk, brakes, engine, etc. But cutting a brand new hood, i was scared ****less.

But in the end, they are awesome for holding down a hood, there is no way in hell the hood will ever fly up, even if one fails, its still held down. Best $100 i ever spent.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, installing those was the one thing to my car i actually had fear in doing. Everything else was a cakewalk, brakes, engine, etc. But cutting a brand new hood, i was scared ****less.

But in the end, they are awesome for holding down a hood, there is no way in hell the hood will ever fly up, even if one fails, its still held down. Best $100 i ever spent.

I was going to have a shop do it, but I never am happy with the work other people do. :notnice:

Note: *I* added the 36mm offset to the specs. That may be wrong. But, I'm pretty sure that it's correct.

From the Ford spec, for the M-1007-R58

• Fits 1994-2004
  • 5-lug, 4.5" bolt circle
  • 5.98" backspacing
  • 24mm offset
  • 17" x 9" wide
  • Includes center cap
  • Will clear M-2300-K disc brakes
  • Same wheel used on 1995 SVT Mustang Cobra “R”

and
6.42" - 5.98" = 0.44"
and
0.44" = ~11mm

So,
24mm + 11mm offset = ~35mm

Add in round off errors, and you get that a backspacing of 6.42" = 36mm offset. :)

Thanks for the info! I got to thinking after you posted this to see if I could find a calculator and I did come across 1 in case anyone wants to check it out.

Autolounge.net | Calculators | Tire Spacing and Offset

More info:

Im running OEM 03 Cobra wheels on an 94-98 spec rear axle, the specs on the wheels are 26mm offset, with a 6.12" backspace. I did need to roll the rear fenders with the 275 series tire. It wasn't much clearance needed, but it was enough to cut up the sidewall a little, most people dont even notice it on the tires though.

How did those Wheels work up Front, did you use 245/45/17s?

I'd look for a tire a little less wide than a 275 drag tire.

I run a 275/35/18 bfg drag radial.
I measured it one day, and it was like 11 inches wide.
No matter where it was located (i had spacers to test with) the fenders had to be rolled.
Even then during cornering they will rub. I have a panhard bar to go on because of this.
Remember the stock 4 link in the rear can move pretty far left and right and even a rolled fender can take a chunk out of an expensive tire.

If i had to buy tires again, and i will, they will be a 265 instead of a 275.
When it comes to drag radials, stuffing a couple more millimeters in there means very little.

There is a couple pics of them on my cardomain site if you want to see them.

Well since some seem unclear on this, I'll add in:

Backspace is measured from the inside edge of the rim (part closest to the center of the vehicle) to the back side of the mounting surface (where the studs come through the wheel)

Offset is measured from the centerline of the rim to the backside of the mounting surface.

So for example a 8" wide wheel with 6" of the rim to the inside of the car and only 2" to the outside (like many modern shallow rim wheels) you would have 6" of backspace (think: space from the mounting flange to the back of the wheel - backspace) and 2" of offset (cuz the center of the rim is offset 2" from the mounting surface)

8" wheel with 4" in and 4" out would have 4" backspace, but 0 offset cuz the rim would be dead on center with the mounting surface.

Thats a over-simplification, but you get the idea... I hope.

Hope that helps somebody...