Cost of painting side view mirrors?

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
I called a paint place that is supposed to be pretty good near my house and they quoted me $100 per mirror so 200 total to paint match them to my car. Does this sound right? Any who has done them how much did you pay?

• Sponsors (?)

Macco????:shrug: I dont think they could screw up something like that that bad. Or you could do it yourself. Find your color code in spray cans and use a good primer. Its a small enough part you could do yourself w/o screwing up.

I called a paint place that is supposed to be pretty good near my house and they quoted me $100 per mirror so 200 total to paint match them to my car. Does this sound right? Any who has done them how much did you pay?

That sounds pretty steep. At the one I work at we'd probably charge $70-$100 for both. All you have to do is wet sand them with 600 and tape the mirror off. That price is with dupont paint too, so not junk.

go to someone else maybe a ford dealer. ask around a couple shops, maybe you'll get lucky and a shop will be painting a car your color already and you can just get them to spray the mirrors for you quick

that seems really high if you ask me.....i would definitally check a few places...when i wacked the raccoon with my mustang i went and got estimates and i got quotes of 225 and all the way up to 1175....soooo definitally do some serching.

i am going to have to agree with the spray can idea. Its all in the prep. and it isn't that hard to do. sand paper, primer, color match paint can, and top coat if needed. might cost you 50 bucks max.

my motto is, why pay someone to do something that i can do myself for less.

anyone have pics of painted mirrors prefer laser red but any will do

Not quite Laser Red, but it's close enough.

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 307