Cost

• Sponsors (?)

Seems reasonable to me.
The pan likely won't come off and the pump and gasket is a real pain.
The trans has to come out, so if it's a manual, may want to consider a clutch since it's a sensible time to do it.

Reactions: 1 user
Labor cost for rear main seal,oil pump and oil pan gasket for $800 plus cost of parts does that sound reasonable its for a 89 fox with gt 40 head and aftermarket cams with long tubes and i believe aftermarket k member
Aftermarket Cam . It only has 1 .

Yeah seems reasonable considering the engine basically has to come out of the car to do it right . You can sneak it in the car with the trans pulled as mentioned . But i like to just pull it at that point . Real reasonable . Get a hardened oil pump shaft while you’re in there.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Rear Main Seal:

Book Calls for 4.6 hours for manual Trans
Oil Pan or Gasket: Book Calls for 1.1 hours Manual
At the point that the Oil Pan is off of the engine the labor is about 1/2 hr to install the pump before re-assemble

I am with 200xp8 here on the clutch. While it is out of the car, it is s good time to throw in a new clutch kit and cable.

Rear Main Seal:

Book Calls for 4.6 hours for manual Trans
Oil Pan or Gasket: Book Calls for 1.1 hours Manual
At the point that the Oil Pan is off of the engine the labor is about 1/2 hr to install the pump before re-assemble

I am with 200xp8 here on the clutch. While it is out of the car, it is s good time to throw in a new clutch kit and cable.
Jus haf clutch done within last 6 months and has been sitting since thats why so much oil is jus seeping out goimg to do rear main sral oil pan gasket and oil pump now since ive noticed it leaking and most likely needs done i dont drive car much more like a play toy

Sig = Signature

It has a link to the clutch cable kit that i purchased and installed, the found out it was for the wrong year

Sig = Signature

It has a link to the clutch cable kit that i purchased and installed, the found out it was for the wrong year
So with that being said is the first or second one u bought the one i would need or how to determine that lol?

These are the ones for sale, you can see what I paid for each and what I am asking is at the top of the ad. A Fraction of the original cost because i did use them for a few hours LOL

Description and Model Year:
Ford Performance Firewall Cable Adjuster (79-04 All)
Maximum Motorsports High Performance Clutch Cable (82-95 5.0L; 96-04
Aluminum Clutch Quadrant Single Claw 79-04 All (American Muscle stopped selling this item)
[/do u happen to kno if that setup u are selling will work on mine sorry if i ask to many ?s lol jus learning as i go

Dude, are you using talk to text? The reason I ask is your words are abbreviated and there is no punctuation.
If you look at the responses they are complete words and use punctuation.
Just say'n.
Wasnt going for proper wording and punctuation
It will work for a 1988 GT yes.

I did not call the company and make sure it worked for my application. Once I went through all I did, I called the company and they helped me get the right parts.
Nope jus how i write lol does that offend u lol

Dude, are you using talk to text? The reason I ask is your words are abbreviated and there is no punctuation.
If you look at the responses they are complete words and use punctuation.
Just say'n.

Todays Winner of the Grammar Nazi Award is
Da-Daaa-Da-Daaa-Daaa
General karthief
download.png

I like to stir the Pot

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users