Coyote In A Fox - Basic Questions

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
With prices of Coyotes dropping each day, I can't help but consider this swap. I've got a nice pile of pushrod parts for my 302, but I keep debating selling it all off and going Coyote.

Quick basic starter questions.

Will a '15+ Coyote with the CMCV actuators in the rear of the intake fit the Fox? Do they hit the firewall? Or do those need to be deleted? (by the lock-out tabs, or installing a '11-14 intake)

There seems to be two control packs available. One for '11-14, and one for '15+ Mustang engines (or the Gen1/Gen2 coyote crate motor). The '11-14 version will work on an f150 coyote with mods. Can anyone detail out these mods?

The '15+ version states it cannot be used on an '11-14 or F150 motor. Why not? Can I add a '15+ intake with the CMCV controls to an F150 engine, and then use a '15+ control pack to control it?

From what I read, the CMCV's did add some torque to the coyote, but the older control pack won't control it. Is there any way to keep these functional in a fox application? Reason I ask is because I do have a 2015+ Mustang manifold, and may find myself picking up an F150 coyote if I do this.

• Sponsors (?)

Man, I am torn right now myself.... every time I start pricing up my 306 pushrod build, I start to realize a coyote swap isn't much more and it will be much more reliable.....