crane 2040 or TFS 1?

5.0Torx

Dec 30, 2007
hey all

going to put unported GT40ps and an exploder intake on my 5.0. Im trying to decide what to do with the cam. I suppose there are 3 ways to go about it, unless you guys come up with something better.

1) Crane 2040

2) TFS 1

3) Stock HO with 1.7 rrs?????

what do you think? car will be daily driven, emissions tested, and expected to get stock gas mileage, or as close as possible.

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

The Crane 2040 is the exact same cam as the FRPP E-303 and the Edelbrock Performer cam.

When I spoke to Crane about cam selection from my car, the Crane rep said he never recommends the 2040/E-303 to anyone. What does that tell you?

If you go with the TFS 1 , make sure to upgrade your valvesprings. GT-40P heads come stock with single springs without dampers that are only rated to .450" lift!

I like my stock HO cam with 1.7 rockers, and used to have the E-303. I ditched it for emissions reasons.

Not to be annoying, but the Crane 2040/FRPP E-303/Edelbrock Performer....whatever you want to call THAT cam (all the same), is smog legal for use in California, which basically makes it smog legal for use anywhere on the planet.

CARB E.O. # D-225-46

Not to be annoying, but the Crane 2040/FRPP E-303/Edelbrock Performer....whatever you want to call THAT cam (all the same), is smog legal for use in California, which basically makes it smog legal for use anywhere on the planet.

CARB E.O. # D-225-46

Not to be annoying, but my car is a carbed 85 GT, and does not fall under the CARB # last time I checked. I also didn't say I couldn't get it to pass, because I could have if I did a few things to it, but it is much easier to pass with the stock cam and I didn't want to take any chances. Mor torque with my stock cam anyway, I can't floor it in first, even if I ease into it, because both tires will start cookin. Couldn't do it as easily with the E-303 grind.

You did say you ditched it for emissions reasons, and that's what prompted his response.
You seem irritated he made that statement, but if he didn't someone else would of.
Your comment really had no point.

You did say you ditched it for emissions reasons, and that's what prompted his response.
You seem irritated he made that statement, but if he didn't someone else would of.
Your comment really had no point.

well, I'm not irritated, I answered the same way he did, do you think he's irritated? And the point is he was wrong, the E-303 is not emissions legal in carbed cars.