Crappy fitment on Shelby wheels

killrb

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2002
Stanwood, Washington
Maybe I am just too picky, but I just put a set of 20 x 10" Shelby Redline wheels put on the rear of my '08 GT and am really shocked that Shelby missed the fitment by so much. I have an adjustable pandard bar and when I get the rear end centered, the wheels and tires stick out .600" on each side! No, I am not one of those idiots who put 345 series tires on the car and expect perfection. These are 285s on 10" wide wheels. Tire overhangs the wheel by about .150" per side. Absolutely perfect, per wheel to tire standards.

When the car is on the ground, there is about 1" space to the closest thing the tire could possibly come in contact with, and that is completely unlikely, as the rear would have to slide into a curb to make it move that far.

I guess I was expecting the tire to stay at least flush with the rear fender, as that is how I have seen many other new Mustangs with 10" rears fit.

Does anyone else have a 10" Shelby brand wheel that fits like this?

I am going to talk to Baer Racing to see if they can sell me modified hats and caliper brackets to try and gain a tiny bit of narrowing, but if not, these wheels might end up on the auction block and I will buy something different.

Just curious who else has run into this.

Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

What offset did you get? They make them in 2 offsets. I believe the they come in +30mm and +41mm. You probably have the +30mm. I think the ones that fit the Mustang properly are +41mm. My FR500's are +40mm and fit perfectly, so I'm guessing the +41mm is what you need.

I have the 10" CS66's (20") with 275's on the rear. After your message I had a look. My left side is about 1/4" outside the fender lip and my right side is about 1/4" inside the fender lip. Looks like I need an adjustable panhard bar to center things up. Once centered, fitment on these 20" Shelby's would be perfect. What panhard bar are you using? Would it clear an FRPP diff cover?

I have the 10" CS66's (20") with 275's on the rear. After your message I had a look. My left side is about 1/4" outside the fender lip and my right side is about 1/4" inside the fender lip. Looks like I need an adjustable panhard bar to center things up. Once centered, fitment on these 20" Shelby's would be perfect. What panhard bar are you using? Would it clear an FRPP diff cover?

I am using the BMR adjustable panhard bar but with the large diff cover and in order to clear it, I am also using the BMR relocation bracket.

Thanks for the suggestions. Turns out I do have the WRONG +30mm offset on the rear wheels. I talked to American Racing, who makes those Shelby wheels and they confirmed it. I ordered the +41mm wheels in the first place, but the dealership had the wrong ones sent when they placed their order.

The dealership is currently ordering me the correct wheels to replace these.

Thanks guys!!!

Brandon