cross drilled? slotted?

04gtdrop

Jun 10, 2005
Sac, CA
ok guys, i need to buy new rotors and pads, mine are going quick and i might as well upgrade since i have to change them any ways.

i have decided to go with a slotted or cross drilled rotor. so i was wondering, what are you guys running? slotted/cross drilled or just slotted or just cross drilled?

what name brand for the rotors? :shrug:

what name brand for the pads? :shrug:

i heard that some companies mold there cross drilled rotors, to prevent stress cracks.

i guess i just need to get a general idea of what you guys have on your stangs. and what are the good name brands.

have you had a good or bad experiance with a certain type of rotor or pad?

thanks for the help guys....

• Sponsors (?)

just get a cobra upgrade for the front... don't get cross drilled unless it is purely for show, hard work on those brakes will crack them.

so get teh Cobra R kit and perhaps something else for the back. the back has an issue that you have to drop the axle if you want to change to Cobra specs... or so i have heard.

I was reading an article (perhaps a thread) a while back, where somebody argued that unless you autocross, you shouldn't use cross-drilled or slotted.. since all it really does for you on street applications is provide less braking surface (think holes = less surface to rub the pads.)

Just something to ponder.

If you want something showy get the cross-drilled ones and don't even
worry about cracks. Unless you beat the crap out of your brakes you
shouldn't have a problem.

In terms of the casting versus the drilling after, I think it was Bembo
that did the research on it and found no significant difference between
the two.

Me personally I'm looking at doing the Bulluitt brake upgrade with cross
drilled rotors. As mentioned earlier in this post check out
www.stangsuspension.com they have great prices and awesome customer
service.

if you go with slotted...you will wear down your pads faster because of the rotors acting as razor blades...if ur gunna go slotted...do what im prob gunna do...Baer cross drilled and slotted discs :banana:

-=NightHawk=- said:
if you go with slotted...you will wear down your pads faster because of the rotors acting as razor blades...if ur gunna go slotted...do what im prob gunna do...Baer cross drilled and slotted discs :banana:

and a cross drilled rotor would be a cheese grater

so youd have a razor/cheese grater

lol

cross drilled is good for dissapating heat, its not for show.

So the 911 turbo, corvette Z06 and other supercars all have drilled/slotted rotors. It's just for show? :shrug:

I got mine for about 1200 bucks for all 4 wheels, I wouldn't get anything else for price/look/performance... :nice:

dsc02575_copy.jpg

00s281sc368 said:
So the 911 turbo, corvette Z06 and other supercars all have drilled/slotted rotors. It's just for show? :shrug:

I got mine for about 1200 bucks for all 4 wheels, I wouldn't get anything else for price/look/performance... :nice:

dsc02575_copy.jpg

I'm not saying it's only for show but it still looks super cool!

ok, i have another question now.... what about pads???

what are you guys using?

whats the differance between a regular pad and a semi-metalic? whats better and why???? please help me out one more time... thanks guys

1fast03pony said:
and a cross drilled rotor would be a cheese grater

so youd have a razor/cheese grater

lol

cross drilled is good for dissapating heat, its not for show.

lol exactly..so my point was...if ur gunna get cross drilled or slotted...just get both cuz ur just gunna have to replace ur pads more often lol