Crown Vic Police Package Motor

RioRed

Apr 25, 2004
Pi Head Question: Crown Vic Police Package Motor

I have the chance to get a 4.6 crown vic police interceptor motor and was curious if it had the PI heads or not.

thanks
rich

• Sponsors (?)

joestang98 said:
There is NO dif. in the police interceptor motor and a regular crown vic motor.

Technically you are right. But there are two crown vic motors.

Ths Base model Crown vic motor is rated at 224HP and 275TQ.

The next model up is the Crown Vic LX that comes standard with that motor or the "high output" 4.6L with dual exhaust making 239HP and 285TQ.

Then the crown vic LX Sport (the one with factory 17" wheels) comes standard with the 239HP motor.

I'd imagine the Police interceptor cars got the higher output 4.6L....but for some reason ford won't give them the 260HP version.

there all the SAME motor!! the tunes and the exhaust are the difference between them. Also the LX and Sport have a different alternator and Starters they in earlier models have diffrent rear gears.
THEY ARE THE SAME MOTOR.

no, the panther chassis got the PI heads and intake in 2001 model year. my 00 GM is a NPI motor, although it has COP ignition. the differences between the police and the regular hpp(dual exhaust, handling and performance package cv) are 3.55 gears, aluminum driveshaft, shocks and springs, oil cooler. thats it folks. the CVPI is also heavier and slower than a regular crown vic.

the interceptor and the regular cv, is the same, the only thing different is, the handling package and the gears. the stock lx cv comes with 2.73's the PI comes with 3.55's. Believe me, ive had both. the 97' lx i had ran a 16.5 1/4 mile time, the 2000 PI ran a 16.0 in the 1/4.