Fox Cruise cable with tall covers

DemonGT

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Sparta,WI
When i installed my motor i used the FMS tall covers. They interfered with the bracket that holds the throttle and cruise cable
so i cut the end off that holds the cruise cable. Im wanting to get the cruise functional and was wondering what covers work with 1.6 rockers and do not interfere with the throttle/cruise cable and bracket?

• Sponsors (?)

I have 1.7 pedestal rockers with OEM valve covers, no issues. I would think any cover about the same size should suit your need.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m using a 3/8” intake spacer to clear. It allows the throttle bracket to bolt on without modification.

the 3/8” spacer and cobra intake clear under my stock hood

I realized now that the part of the throttle bracket i cut was for the coolant hoses. But the cruise cable has no room with the tall covers and fuel rails.

I wonder if one of those throttle brackets from MC machine would work?

One of these would do the trick
F8CD5319-A855-4624-8BA6-0D9C6DD8C2CC.png

I realized now that the part of the throttle bracket i cut was for the coolant hoses. But the cruise cable has no room with the tall covers and fuel rails.

I wonder if one of those throttle brackets from MC machine would work?
There is no part of the bracket for coolant hoses. Big brackets had the kickdown provision for an Aod

Maybe its just a spot for a wire loom? Its been so long i do not remember what exactly goes there lol
Does anyone have a pic of how the cruise cable is suppose to attach to throttle?

The part on the right side in the pic is what i cut off to clear the covers.

Attachments

• 86-93-mustang-5-0l-throttle-ca_eaeca351.jpg
    86-93-mustang-5-0l-throttle-ca_eaeca351.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Maybe its just a spot for a wire loom? Its been so long i do not remember what exactly goes there lol
Does anyone have a pic of how the cruise cable is suppose to attach to throttle?

The part on the right side in the pic is what i cut off to clear the covers.
That’s where the kickdown bolts up for the AOD .

Forget about corral, i dont frequent it much anymore. There are a few members over there that soured it for me. I have a bad habit of trying to figure out solutions to problems then never fixing it then revisiting it years later and i cant remember the info i had gathered. When i search google i usually only search Stangnet.

Your not fooling me, i know how much you have helped others.
That's BS, if I get anything right I copied from someone here.
Look, the whole reason I'm here is because I had issues with my mustang and was looking for help and every time I googled I got threads from here so I started lurking, then joined and the rest is history.
The guy's at the shop I hung around would call on me to help them diagnose a few mustangs and some eec iv pickups and grand marque/crown vics.
Besides I had a bunch of parts to swap for testing.
And I had :SN:for backup.