Cruise Not Working - 2002 GT

Tom_5.0

Jun 6, 2019
UK
Hi all,

Picked up a 2002 GT a couple of weeks ago and the cruise isn't working. I have checked the fuses and all are ok, what else can I check? Cruise has always worked in my 93 Fox so I am not familiar with any fault finding.

• Sponsors (?)

Manual or automatic?

There are a few switches to check. One if the clutch switch (if equipped) and the other is the brake switch. Make sure these are operable. Are you using LED taillights?

Clutch switch is here. Should be closed continuity with the clutch pedal out and open when you push it in
1655306897744.png

Do you have any issues with your horn or airbag? Does the horn work and is the airbag system functional? The clockspring could potentially have issues.

Manual or automatic?

There are a few switches to check. One if the clutch switch (if equipped) and the other is the brake switch. Make sure these are operable. Are you using LED taillights?

Clutch switch is here. Should be closed continuity with the clutch pedal out and open when you push it in

Do you have any issues with your horn or airbag? Does the horn work and is the airbag system functional? The clockspring could potentially have issues.

Thanks Mustang5L5! The car is manual, I did try hooking my foot under each pedal to make sure they were fully up but haven't checked switches themselves so i'll take a look! Factory tail light and the horn works fine, not sure how i'd check the airbag?