Digital Tuning Cylinder Balance Test Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoMoCo17

Apr 1, 2011
Cylinder Balance Test does NOT run fr 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 as I was told in this forum. Ask me how I know after spending 6 hours to verify it’s not as stated above! I come here for ACCURATE information like everyone else ... and INACCURATE information just doesn’t cut it!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Cylinder Balance Test does NOT run fr 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 as I was told in this forum. Ask me how I know after spending 6 hours to verify it’s not as stated above! I come here for ACCURATE information like everyone else ... and INACCURATE information just doesn’t cut it!!!

Since I was the culprit that mislead you, if it doesn't run 123... It must run in the firing order, or something else...

By the way I do this for free, no one pays me. I get no benefits except for the satisfaction of knowing that I helped someone get their car fixed.

When properly done, the test passes with 90 for all good. otherwise it flashes a cylinder number followed by a zero, i.e., 70 for cylinder #7 or 30 for cylinder #3 and in similar manner for the rest of the cylinders.

So with that information in hand, the sequence isn't important. Neither the Probst book or Chilton manual give the sequence.

Exactly ... cuz I did the research on all those resources also ... then I asked here if anyone knew! I got an answer ... is that societies new trend to answer when the accuracy isn’t truly meaningful! Did we get to the moon by just assuming any orbit or just assuming the rocket might re-land back on the launch pad. I think in this case a I dunno woulda sufficed bec I spent considerable time chasing my tail on that information.

And def not here to chastise bec you do wonderful things at this site which are fantastic ... my only point would be if someone doesn’t know something ... they should say so. Lord knows I def do not know everything .. and when I don’t, I def never offer info that I’m not sure about! It was a very technical question which I now have found that no one anywhere knows ... go figure that one ... because it’s not recorded anywhere in any literature that I’ve been able to get my hands on.

Anyway, from running several datalogs and pulling different injectors for each cylinder balance test, it is apparent to me that the computer conducts the cylinder balance test in this order.

8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Sorry for any confusion, but I deal in knowns ... bec troubleshooting a problem is made 2X harder if information is used that’s inaccurate.

The above, is all I ever was asking to know ...

The sequence would be important if Injector harnesses on both sides of Motor are crossed like 02 Sensor harnesses which sometimes happens. Also would be important in a rough running idling situation where computers limits aren’t reached yet but car is running rough ... data logging the drops per cylinder as opposed to the loose computer controls can be done much like what Ford did years ago in their shops to give a readout to customers showing cylinder strength or weakness as was done on my vehicle long ago. Thus, if logged, you need to know what cylinder your looking at ... that information was to be found no where .. so I asked. Anyway, now I know and I’ve shared it w the group. But I come to the group for help and expect accurate answers or a I dunno will suffice. I even asked where this information was obtained w no response .... I assumed you knew it was accurate and you gave it so therefore no reason to discuss it so I followed it. Now we know different.

Again .. no problem ... I would just hope that guessing isn’t allowed here bec like most others, we are def looking for answers ...

@FoMoCo17 Well sir, with a whopping 186 posts since april 2011 under this user name does not give you or anybody else the right to DEMAND accurate information, it should be expected but while we (the members) strive for excellence and are willing to learn more they (we) don't have ALL the right answers, if someone is wrong or miss leading that is not the way to react. It's disrespectful and I for one don't appreciate your use of words, I will defend the members here as being some of the most knowledgeable people in the mustang community but they are not 'all knowing' and make mistakes.
I wish you luck in your search for accuracy in life but be prepared to be very disappointed, it's life after all.

General karthief ... you go waste your time on wrong information ... if someone doesn’t know they can say so!!! If I told you to install your bearings w a .010” clearance and you did it and destroyed your motor ... how would you feel?? We all come here because we don’t know things and are seeking answers!!! Not anything because it’s an answer!!! You gotta a problem with saying you don’t know something??? It coulda been prefaced w “not sure” or “maybe”. If we’re not here to get accurate answers then what’s the purpose! And 186 posts is irrelevant to anything!!! What they giving out brownies now for posts!!!

I meant no disrespect to jrichker ... he’s a great guy and I know that and highly respect him for what he does! But wrong information is wrong information ... period!!! You delve in that crap I choose not too ... I go to forums to GET information not wrong information. And if someone is unsure, they can open their mouths n say so! Period!!!

And accordingly, I didn’t DEMAND a thing!! I asked a legitimate question and was given wrong information that caused me 6 hours to chase my tail.

Im quite AMAZED that you or anyone would be on the defense because if it happened to you, then you’d see the difference! Apparently, you didn’t know the answer ... or why didn’t you post the correct answer .... or why didn’t you post another wrong answer would be a question also! Accuracy is everything or there is no sense in even starting a job!!

It’s INSANE to say that accuracy is not important in any engine related activities!

And finally, I don’t appreciate your use of words, and they were MEANT to be DISRESPECTFUL!!! Mine were an attempt to call an attention to a problem that caused a lot of problems n time invested! Big difference!!!

It would be fairly difficult to put the injector harness on backwards.... as the sensor plugs are part of that harness. besides multiple sensors would then fail the balance test anyway...
If it passes the test it passes if it does not the above is true that the cylinder that didnt pass will show up in the code process.

I also deal in truths, the way you speak is disrespectful. If you want to throw a hissy-fit do it somewhere else, a simple 'hey the order posted was wrong, it should be updated to this' would have been helpful to others and not made you seem like a duche.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
General karthief ... you go waste your time on wrong information ... if someone doesn’t know they can say so!!! If I told you to install your bearings w a .010” clearance and you did it and destroyed your motor ... how would you feel?? We all come here because we don’t know things and are seeking answers!!! Not anything because it’s an answer!!! You gotta a problem with saying you don’t know something??? It coulda been prefaced w “not sure” or “maybe”. If we’re not here to get accurate answers then what’s the purpose! And 186 posts is irrelevant to anything!!! What they giving out brownies now for posts!!!

I meant no disrespect to jrichker ... he’s a great guy and I know that and highly respect him for what he does! But wrong information is wrong information ... period!!! You delve in that crap I choose not too ... I go to forums to GET information not wrong information. And if someone is unsure, they can open their mouths n say so! Period!!!

And accordingly, I didn’t DEMAND a thing!! I asked a legitimate question and was given wrong information that caused me 6 hours to chase my tail.

Im quite AMAZED that you or anyone would be on the defense because if it happened to you, then you’d see the difference! Apparently, you didn’t know the answer ... or why didn’t you post the correct answer .... or why didn’t you post another wrong answer would be a question also! Accuracy is everything or there is no sense in even starting a job!!

It’s INSANE to say that accuracy is not important in any engine related activities!

And finally, I don’t appreciate your use of words, and they were MEANT to be DISRESPECTFUL!!! Mine were an attempt to call an attention to a problem that caused a lot of problems n time invested! Big difference!!!

How exactly do you think that forum works?

Just today, I posted something that I recognized as backward. I caught it and corrected it but another member caught it as well and posted the correction (at the same time that I did but that is beside the point). That's how the checks and balances work in a forum. It's a 'discussion'. You will likely come across many things on a forum that contain inaccurate information. The purpose is to dig to the bottom of it.

Who gives a damn if you chased your tail for 6 hours? You think you're the first? There's dudes on here that will toss 6 hours because they didn't like the result of something that turned out exactly as planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.