Daily Driver UCA/LCA

btolenti

Jun 10, 2003
Gilroy, CA
What is the concensus for UCA/LCA for a daily driver that rarely sees the track? I would like to get rid of the quad shocks so that my 315's have a bit more room.

BlueOval?
hotpart?
X2C?

I have done a search, and most recommend MM, but I don't need that radical of an arm. I just want a good replacement that won't cause excessive noise.

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Steeda also makes high quality UCAs and LCAs. The Steeda's offer different bushings that will help with the squeek usually associate with aftermarket LCAs and UCAs. I'd look for ones that have grease fittings so you can grease them.
Radical design doesn't necessary equate to a different ride, so I wouldn't necessary shy away from some of the different designs out there.

I have the steeda's and they are both exceptionally good. The ride will not change except the side to side movement is virtually gone. I would recommend the steeda's. I have solid lowers and adj. uppers. Your traction will get better or well mine did and you will be able to eliminate the quad shocks.

01GT eibach said:
Also consider Pro3i (which supports Stangnet). Thier arms are very good and affordable.
:nice:

2 more things about the Pro3i arms:

-They're designed or inspired by the maximum motorsports arms
-They recently switched to a 3 piece urethane bushing so no squeaky spherical bushing with these arms

for the price I don't think the Pro3i's can be beat

btolenti said:
well, by radical, I mean arms with spherical bushings etc. I just want ones that won't squeak...
I have Maximum Motorsports street LCA's with spherical bushings on both sides.. I don't get squeaks except when going over a diagnol incline or speedbump.. Its quieter than the stock setup.. :shrug: They are stronger than most of the steeda arms.

-wade

I wanted to be different so I ordered edelbrocks uppers and lowers just the uppers have the spherical bushings and they are adjustable which is a plus and I get a good discount at my work on edelbrock stuff , 100 bucks for a 75 mm TB and 80 for subframes and 190 for upper and lower control arms , sounds like a good deal ??

Yea I got blue oval arms for ebay on teh cheap - they work great, look, great, great welds, great fit - no squeeks as long as you greese the bushings (they got grease fittings). I didnt grease mine at first (assumed it was already done). Squeaked like a mofo - greased em and now I cant hear em anymore. Go for teh cheapness