Dash apart soon for heater core, anything else to replace while it is open??????

bcmbcmbcm

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jan 29, 2003
:shrug: Hello Everyone,

I am changing the dreaded heater core soon, and I would like to know if I should change the blower fan or any other components while the dash is apart. I DON'T want to take the dash apart twice!!

• Sponsors (?)

I saw this thread a few hours earlier, and I thought then as well as given it thought now. Unless you suspect something else in there, really there isn't anything that you should need to upgrade just because. Ultimately, it all depends on your time and your wallet.

Thanks, here is my thought process:

Well, with two kids and a good job, I would never thought I would say that I have more wallet than time. When you pay $15 an hour for a baby sitter this becomes real clear! I also have access to factory Ford parts for cost plus 10%, so I never mind buying parts.

I would really like to know what other parts can only be accessed with the dash apart so I can decide if it is worth it.

For example, if the blower motor can only be accessed with the dash out (I don't know if this is true, just a question), and I can buy a new blower motor for $30 to $200 (I haven't checked the price yet), I would definitely change it. At $200 plus, I would think twice. Again, I am requesting information on what else can only be accessed with the dash out so I can check parts prices and make a decision in advance...

Thanks in advance,

Brett

Thanks for the input

Thanks very much, that is the kind of feedback I am looking for...but I have an AOD. Can't justify a T-5 conversion at this time though...I don't have that much cash! Any thoughts on that blower motor, anyone know if the dash needs to be out to replace it?

If you have A/C installed you may want to have the evaporator checked for leaks before you start disassembly. If it needs to be replaced it would be an ideal time since you'll have the dash apart. Just a thought.