Day at the Dyno

88blowngt

Jun 29, 2009
Dover, Delaware
A few friends and I went to the a dynojet new years eve and got some pulls in to see where we were all at. Surprisingly for 200,000+ miles of drag racing, burnouts and abuse on my lil ol' windsor, she put down 234.04 rwhp and 281.20 rwtq for just having boltons, completely stock motor.

PART_1293980449927.jpg

Car had a wideband hooked up for free, found out I was running dangerously lean this entire time. 14.5:1 A/F. Added 6 pounds of fuel pressure, brought it into the 13.5:1 area for the second pull and picked up a horse and 2 torque. For the third pull, added another 3-5 pounds and picked up another horse and torque stayed about the same and got her in the 12.5-12-8:1 range. So not only did the numbers surprised me, did a lil bit of tuning, got her safer and picked up a lil power. Great way to spend 75 dollars. :heart:

YouTube - 1988 Mustang GT 5.0, bolton dyno run

And not sure if you can see this one, but another angle my friend captured and put on facebook.

Login | Facebook

• Sponsors (?)

14 isn't dangerous..mine peaked at 17.1 and averaged at 15.5 on my last dyno run.. 94-95 Maf without changing Maf transfer caused it.. Put the stock mad back on, and it dropped to 12-13

Ideal for emissions, not for making power. I assumed when the guy doing my pulls said he didn't like the A/F where it was, it was dangerous so my bad. But anyway, compression is surprisingly good, did a test a few months back. And did no leakdown. She does eat a fair bit of oil, so I keep some with me at all times.