"Denial"

Well here we go I guess,
I have been in denial for years as to who I am for, eg. Ford Guy, Chevy, Mopar..., and now that I am a 47 year old father of 2 and confident in my masculinity I guess its time to come out of the closet and admit that my blood runs Ford blue. I think I have known from childhood when one of my dads friends, a mopar guy, was working on our old 70's LTD station wagon and I was sitting on the fender well as usual, when I heard him get frustrated at something and say "I hate these damn Fords they are all assbackwards", I from that point on I wanted to know why and what he meant. I have driven more Fords than anything in my lifetime and look forward to my next truck which I have narrowed down to 72-96 F-150, the only thing I know for sure is that I would prefer a model more on the newer side only because I miss owning a daily driver with the 300 inline 6. Any truck I have ever owned with that engine has never left me stranded or dissapointed.
The reason I have joined this site is because it has also been a lifelong obsession to own a Mustang, but not just any Mustang it will have to be the right one. 65's are dear to my heart but the most recent years have begun to stir something in me again and as my passion has been rejuvenated a friend and fellow Mustang lover has asked me to be a part of his obsession. You see after working for years at jobs that I never really seemed to "love" my wife asked me one day "If you could do anything you wanted to do what would you choose?" and after a few days it hit me. All those times when I was in High School and not thinking about partying I was elbow deep in engine grease and when I told my mom I was going to tech school my senior year she said no your not and that was that and I forgot all about it. Fast forward to 2 1/2 years ago when my cousin was starting a new job at a new dealership in the area and said hey want to come along and I said I'm in and here we are. Now I do not have any formal schooling or background in the industry but was born with automotive common sense and have never paid for a repair on any vehicle I have ever owned. Don't hate me when I tell you that the dealership that I now work for is a Nissan dealership because that was my in and the only option with any value or potential for someone with my background and lack of experience. Well back to my friend with the Mustangs plural, he is not mechanical at all and has recruited me to begin working on the side on his projects, the first of which is a 95 with a bad fuel pump. He will be dropping it in my driveway on monday and since I may need some guidance I figured I had better open my mouth.
So here I am, hello fellows, I look forward to working with you all and wish you well this weekend.

Ben

• Sponsors (?)

I had a 64 truck with a 300 6 and a 3 on the tree. Those motors were awesome. I guess that's why Ford kept them around so long. Try explaining manual shifting on the column to someone who has never seen one! Welcome.

Reactions: 1 user