Densecharger vs. K&N FIPK II

• Sponsors (?)

NewbStang said:
I know intakes dont do much for our car but which would you guys recommend between the two

No! :bang: not another CAI question!!! :bang:

The truth is that most people here will either tell you it's a POS and a waste of money or that it'll get you 20+ HP. The truth is that on a stock car, you'll see nothing and you MAY see something on a modified car. That said, I've heard good things about the fit n finish of both systems. Personally, I prefer the Densecharger, but that's just MHO.

Just do this and save the money:

fa436510.jpg

JonJon said:
Don't get that either, I didn't notice a thing. Get a Pro-M after you get a bunch of mods then get a tune. I did run 13.7 with the MAF though... but it seems to be hit or miss. :shrug:

No offense, but I "missed" to the tune of a 13 RWHP increase over stock MAF (286 vs 299). And, if you ran the 13.7 after an MAF swap, I'm not so sure I understand the 'hit-or-miss" comment. :shrug:
The 4-valvers (particularly the '01's for some reason) can get a noticeable kick in the pants from this mod. My tuner (Jerry from Fordchips.com, you might have heard of him) told me that Ford sets the A/F ratios pig-rich from the factory in order to avoid the "D" word. The C&L has a reputation for leaning that mix, hence the almost inevitable increases on the dyno. FWIW, the 4v's do seem to net greater increases, but that's kinda to be expected.
Obviously, everybody gets different #'s, even after performing identical mods..... but I think you can find an abundance of guys here who experienced similar results.

60mvc-004f.jpg