Did I install my clutch cable or FA wrong?

1qckFOX

Jan 1, 2004
I want to know if i installed my clutch calbe or FA wrong because... my firewall adjuster isadjusted almost all the wayout just for the peddle to be out like stock. If i turn it to where it's almost closed then my clutch pedal doesn't activate for about an inch. Did i do something wrong?

• Sponsors (?)

CobraWannabe said:
same ol cable? Maybe it stretched?
Na im using the steeda cable. Is there supposed to be a certain routeit's supposed to go through? BEcause it kind of goes crooked going towards the bellhousing and the old one went straight.

Wouldn't matter how you routed it, it would have the same amount of slack in it. The Steeda cable is adjustable- are you utilizing the threads down at the clutch fork? There's over an inch of adjustment down there too.

1qckFOX said:
Na im using the steeda cable. Is there supposed to be a certain routeit's supposed to go through? BEcause it kind of goes crooked going towards the bellhousing and the old one went straight.

In that case, it's probably stretched. NO adjustable cable is good, they are all garbage. Get it OFF that third hook unless you want to blow your clutch out in 5k miles like my bro did. Get the oem cable and put it on the second hook

oh yea, sounds like your's could be misrouted. It is supposed to go down through the k member towards the front of the car, then down under the car towards the bell