Diff Fluid Change with eaton posi

stangdrvr06

May 17, 2006
Hey guys i want to change my diff fluid and everyone keeps telling me different types of fluids to use. I have a eaton differential 31 spline axles and 4.10 gears. What type of fluid is best for my application. I believe i need something LSD additive in it or get lsd additive. If someone can clearify it would be real helpful. Espicially if you have a similar setup to mine and have done a fluid change in the rear end. Thanks for the help guys.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I had an Eaton Posi.
I called eaton and they told me to use conventional 80w-90 gear oil, such as Valvoline.
They don't reccomend synthetic oil with there posi's because the clutch packs will not grip as well.
Go to a Ford dealership and get one 4 oz. bottle of friction modifier also.
They also said after you changer the fluid, to go to a vacant parking lot and do several figure 8's in one direction and then the same in the other direction, and this will get the fluid worked in and eliminate clutch chatter when you are driving.

I had an Eaton Posi.
I called eaton and they told me to use conventional 80w-90 gear oil, such as Valvoline.
They don't reccomend synthetic oil with there posi's because the clutch packs will not grip as well.
Go to a Ford dealership and get one 4 oz. bottle of friction modifier also.
They also said after you changer the fluid, to go to a vacant parking lot and do several figure 8's in one direction and then the same in the other direction, and this will get the fluid worked in and eliminate clutch chatter when you are driving.

haha I like the way you say bro :nice: