Difference between 97 Cobra and GT?

Hey guys sorry i searched and didn't find anything on the site. This may be a really newbie question but what exactly are the differences between a cobra and a GT? Im looking at a 97 Cobra with 115K for 7K. all i know is that it has a superchip in it and is in mint shape body wise. what do you guys think? sorry for the flaky info i have not seen the car yet and im going off of what my dad has told me...

• Sponsors (?)

Cobra has alot more then just the 4v DOHC, its got a stronger block, much stronger crank, gears, ground effects, fiberglass hood and truck lid. along with along list of other mods.

the stock internals will handle up to 11lbs of boost, any more and id say u got a "bomb" under ur hood. then again 11lbs is alot for stock.
with any thing over 6lbs on stock rods and pistons i think ud really be diminishing life span or ur engine. gr8ly.

For a proper and much more reliable engine spend the money on rods and pistons, other wise id say ull just spend more doing it right when something fails or wears out.

Forged crankcase
Aluminum block and aluminum 4v heads
Twin throttle body mounted on a bigger plenum
DOHC
Bigger brakes
Suspension
Bumpers, gauges, emblems, hood, rims
Slightly different version of the T-45
Tires
Higher redline
Compression ratio
Some exhaust differences I think
And, of course, 305hp and 300ft/lbs of torque

11lbs of boost on my coworkers 96 mystic was dynoed at 452 rwhp. and the stock rods and pistons are good till about 450 without destroying them right away. so like i said, u can put about 11psi on the stock engine b4 having to worry a bunch.