Distributor spitting oil!

DomMc

Oct 17, 2015
Frisco, Tx
Hey,
So my rebuild project is progressing pretty well.... from the car being locked up due to a broken connecting rod, I actually got it up in to 2nd gear yesterday.!!
Problem is that there is oil spitting out the bottom of the distributor.
Oil pressure is there, so thats good news. :)

But I seem to be missing a gasket. However, from my research, it seems more like there should be an O Ring under the distributor. Is that right?
Cant seem to find that part on rock auto or any of the usual haunts. Am sure I can use some kind of generic that is the right size, but thought I'd check with the experts on here first.

Any/all info welcome!

• Sponsors (?)

I've only seen them in intake gasket sets IIRC. Maybe it's the full engine rebuild set? Regardless, that's the only place I've seen them. Maybe you could research the sets and come up with a part number to get you in the right direction? You may also be able to check someplace like MSD or something for a replacement O-ring. I can't imagine the O-rings are much different....?

Thanks!
I'm fairly sure I bought a full engine gasket set last year. Maybe I'll double check my parts drawers, and boxes... and shelves..... might already have it and not realize.

Reactions: 1 user