Do Rear Seats of Coup Fit Convertible?

DAZ

Founding Member
Jun 7, 2002
Endwell, NY
Anyone know what type, if any, modifications need to be made to make rear seats from a Cobra Coupe fit A 2000 Mustang Convertible? I am shopping around for two tone seats. I have only seen two tone Cobra Seats on Ebay so far. New Upholstery would be an option if I could find the right product at the right price!

• Sponsors (?)

the space between the rear side panels is much narrower on a convertible because of the top mechanism

I have a set of Mach 1 rears and I think I may be able to make the backs work with some fabbed up brackets. But there is NO WAY the bottom will fit...probably have to take it to an upholsterer to have the Mach cover put on the 'vert frame.

The '99 LE GT's have 2 tone interiors as well but you rarely see those for sale...another option for the 2 tone you are looking for...

8_31_2010_7_15_08_PM_0001_resize.jpg

The '99 LE GT's have 2 tone interiors as well but you rarely see those for sale...another option for the 2 tone you are looking for...

8_31_2010_7_15_08_PM_0001_resize.jpg

That is exactly what I am looking for. Most likely will have to get re upholstered.
If the pic uploads, here is what I have done to interior so far. The panels were taken out, cleaned, roughsanded, primed painted and clear coated to match exterior pait. All came out ok, but had some difficulty with cup holder and arm rest. I ended up suspending them from wire and painting them upside down a little bit at a time to eliminated drips. Just put a new top on in November, maybe light bar if I work up the confidence start drilling holes in my panels

Attachments

• 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 136