do you wave at other fox owners?

do you wave a fellow fox body drivers

• yes, i'm cool like that

Votes: 41 91.1%
  • no, i'm a tool

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
every time i see anther fox on the road. even more so if it's a 5.0 i wave at the guy/gal as we pass. or they wave first. if we are on the same street i will roll down the window and give the "whats up" head nod at the very least

do you do this when you see anther fox on the road? or is just a new Mexico thing?

• Sponsors (?)

Only if you can tell they are into it, like its a work in process or some sort of a hobby car. Sometimes you see a 4-banger or even a V8 car that is only on the road because the driver has no other potion. They get no acknowledgment from me.

I used to have a Jeep....and the Jeep people do it. I also ride motorcyles and the motorcycle people do it.

I've never waved or been waved to my a Mustang owner.

The motorcycle people crack my ass up. It could be two completely different people on two completely different bikes for two completely different reasons and they still wave to each other as if they belong to some secret club. LMFAO.

Sometimes you see a guy on a beat up 80s Goldwing waving to a guy on a brand new blinged up Ducati like they are best friends or something. If I roll on a Vespa will you wave to me too?

I dunno, I used to get waved at by other Mustang dudes all the time when I had a notch in Kansas City, and I got in the habit of waving; out here in the Phoenix area with an almost identical notch, or even in the '84 hatch, I think I've gotten a return wave maybe three times in about five years. Then again, almost nobody out here waves back or waves first, in general, because Arizona people apparently aren't as "neighborly" (at least out where I live). :shrug:

In downtown Phoenix, around where I work, I don't wave to ANYONE because there's too many gangsta thugs and those types - don't want anyone to think I'm throwing gang signs or something and thus get shot at. :eek:

Only if you can tell they are into it, like its a work in process or some sort of a hobby car. Sometimes you see a 4-banger or even a V8 car that is only on the road because the driver has no other potion. They get no acknowledgment from me.
Yeah, if it's some old lady toting around a ragged POS I doubt she cares either way, so I don't bother to acknowledge. Usually I can spot the enthusiast from the "It's just a car. :shrug:" crowd. I see quite a few middle-aged women driving these cars. I can think of 3 right now that I see pretty often. All of their cars are in good shape and are clearly bone stock. One woman drives a white LX Hatch with 10-holes and the black side-moulding. It just so happens that she lives on a street that I use on my daily commute. One day she was getting in her car when I drove by. I waved at her and she yelled out "Wanna trade?" I didn't have time to stop but it was a nice compliment.

The best though is when I come across a young guy who seems new to these cars. Most of the time they are all too excited to see another 5.0. Revving all over the place and trying their best to egg me on. lol Especially if I'm in my '92 because the car looks and sounds so generic. I caught one kid at a long freeway on-ramp (5-speed GT Vert w/exhaust, Cobra R's and a huge tach) and man he could not wait to tear me a new one. I won't go into details but let's just say he won't be underestimating AOD's anytime soon. lol

every time i see anther fox on the road. even more so if it's a 5.0 i wave at the guy/gal as we pass. or they wave first. if we are on the same street i will roll down the window and give the "whats up" head nod at the very least

do you do this when you see anther fox on the road? or is just a new Mexico thing?

I acknowledge all Mustangs. Not just Foxes. I've noticed though that newer Stang owners are more snobbish and think their cars are better than mine. :rolleyes: Classic guys are the friendliest.

muscle car guys are the friendly crowd here on Long Island, the guys with mustangs are pretty much all *******s who think they're UFC cage fighters, but would faint at the sight of blood

case in point: i was in my coupe getting gas on a beautiful sunday morning a week or two ago, when a really nice, loud, black 1992 hatchback rolled in and pulled up to the pump next to me... i said "nice car dude" and he looked over at me and my car and said "yeah, your ****'s a little wavy, but whatever, it's alright" and then walked into the gas station... WAVY?! really? my car has 50k miles on it and has never been in an accident... i walked around my car for 5 minutes after he left, pissed off and looking for "waves" of course i didn't find any... but that's Long Island for ya... cut throat, jealous, shallow people...

muscle car guys are the friendly crowd here on Long Island, the guys with mustangs are pretty much all *******s who think they're UFC cage fighters, but would faint at the sight of blood

case in point: i was in my coupe getting gas on a beautiful sunday morning a week or two ago, when a really nice, loud, black 1992 hatchback rolled in and pulled up to the pump next to me... i said "nice car dude" and he looked over at me and my car and said "yeah, your ****'s a little wavy, but whatever, it's alright" and then walked into the gas station... WAVY?! really? my car has 50k miles on it and has never been in an accident... i walked around my car for 5 minutes after he left, pissed off and looking for "waves" of course i didn't find any... but that's Long Island for ya... cut throat, jealous, shallow people...

Wow what a prick! I always thought Indiana people could be mean (compared to further South), but that sucks. I'm glad I don't live there, my 4-eye would be shunned.

Damn, sounds like a b**** move. What does "wavy" mean?

I had a 5.0 guy do a fly-by on me, then further down the road he gives me a cocky attitude and throws his hands up like "What happened?". My only response was "I'm supposed to chase you?" His response, a stare down accompanied by a 4k clutch drop. :rlaugh: You go, girl!