Does anybody have UPR's rear coilover kit on their car?

stangboy

Founding Member
Aug 31, 1999
New Orleans, LA
Hey I'm thinking about getting UPR's rear coilover kit that mounts in the stock location. My concern is will I have less wheel/tire clearance? The other question is what spring do I get? I know I'm going to get the 12" 250# springs for the front but I don't know what to get for the back if I get them.

• Sponsors (?)

I have Strange/QA1's on back. I fabricated mounts to allow me to run them in the stock mounts. The spring is a12"150#. Depends on whether it's a coupe or not, and what you wanna do w/ it to be sure that spring rate is adequate for your app.

Hey I'm thinking about getting UPR's rear coilover kit that mounts in the stock location. My concern is will I have less wheel/tire clearance? The other question is what spring do I get? I know I'm going to get the 12" 250# springs for the front but I don't know what to get for the back if I get them.

Is this on your '88? On your '88, you'll lose just a smidge of tire clearance. (smidge is a technical term) on the '94, it shouldn't protrude into the wheelwell at all.

If you'd like, I can PM you my cell phone number and elaborate.

And don't forget the 10% discount. :flag:

I've done my research. There are a lot of people out there, professional racers and non professionals, that run UPR suspension products on their cars. They work. I like the stuff that Maximum Motorsports puts out and I respect their R&D behind what they sell, but my budget doesn't allow me to buy there stuff. Their prices are astronomical to me. I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for" but I also know that alot of the time you're just paying for the NAME. So, I'll be using UPR suspension on my car. Sorry if my opinion offends you.

P.S. Sharad I sent you a PM

Reactions: 2 users
I've done my research. There are a lot of people out there, professional racers and non professionals, that run UPR suspension products on their cars. They work. I like the stuff that Maximum Motorsports puts out and I respect their R&D behind what they sell, but my budget doesn't allow me to buy there stuff. Their prices are astronomical to me. I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for" but I also know that alot of the time you're just paying for the NAME. So, I'll be using UPR suspension on my car. Sorry if my opinion offends you.

chris little... one of the first people to run 200mph in a drag radial car... all UPR suspension

Reactions: 1 user

PM Replied.

For anyone else who's interested, I'll mention what I told you in the PM. I like our adjustable rear spring kit for a person that wants adjustable height in the rear of a Fox without sacrificing tire clearance. It's a sweet setup!

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-adjustable-spring-mount-springs.html