Does anyone else think the 05 mirrors are kinda ugly?

• Sponsors (?)

GelatiCruiser said:
I think it looks odd all around. I mean...sometimes I see it and it's swete looking....but sometimes I see it and I want to puke. I can't explain it. But it would look AWESOME with the mirrors and handles/locks shaved.

I agree. It seems that most of the professional shots I have seen of it make me want to gag but then I see pictures that someone has taken at a car show and it looks great. Silver and Mineral Gray are great colors for it. It looks horrid in red. I think part of the problem is the professionals take the picture as if they were 3 feet tall, instead of taking the picture looking down at the car like most people would see it walking up to it. As for the mirrors themselves, yes, they are ugly. They look like something from the '80s. They should fit the lines of the car better and be body color.

Cook89Notch said:
I just think they are to big and goofy looking.

What do you all think?

Thanks, Matt.

Hmmmm .... looking at a mirror and seeing "big and goofy". Got to ask, were you looking at the housing, or starring into the glass surface when you saw this big and goofy thing?? :rlaugh:

Sorry, couldn't pass that one up. All kidding aside, I do see your point.

Ive already arranged to have mine painted to match the body. hopefully they look better that way. Might also have the black headlamp seating painted mineral grey as well, but im waiting to see it before I do that one.

what's the point in trying to modify the car to make it look better..
it looks ugly period...
it looks cheap
it looks like an old camaro
it's outdated even before it's out
mirror, front and rear bumper, hood...everything need to be redesign...

wow... if you are only planning to buy the car for it's name or the engine you're making a bad choice..

yeah i know that's only my point of view..

i don't need all of you to reply to this post.

Hmm y'know as a fan of the 05, I frequent the 05 board, but just for $hits and giggles I'm going to go over to some other car forums and say how I don't like the car. :D I know, I know, "i don't need all of you to reply to this post" But I'm just ONE person, lol not ALL :D

ryanrule said:
arent they taken from the f150?

102_0227.jpg

f15_pgextpop11.jpg

Oh yeah...definitely from the F150!

Huh? Camaro

calvado said:
what's the point in trying to modify the car to make it look better..
it looks ugly period...
it looks cheap
it looks like an old camaro
it's outdated even before it's out
mirror, front and rear bumper, hood...everything need to be redesign...

Where do you see ANYTHING that looks like a Camaro ?

dude you suck -- you don't know anything about Mustangs if you think it looks like a Camaro ... Leave Stangnet Now ! :nonono:

I agree but not exactly, my biggest gripe is the Black Plastic, come on it's not 1985 anymore, paint the damn mirrors to match the car, yes they're big and they stick out but it would look a hundred times better if they where painted to match and clear coated......oh wait, that will be on the cobra. because when your paying around 40,000 then you deserve painted mirrors!! Come on ford...keep us loyal mustang fans buying cars!!!!

They are fine the way they are...

If they were painted body color, they would take away from the clean design of the car. They are meant to blend in with the rubber trim that surrounds the window. You are meant to focus on what is painted, and not so much on the neutral trim items. It works for me. IMO, of course.

Well I only have 3 complaints about the 05'
1 (as with everyone else) rearview mirrors. They are just ugly
2 The rear window, damn that thing is huge. If it falls in on the rear passager its going to kill them.
3 drive by wire ( Not sure, but I heard its going be on the 05'. If I'm wrong, then thats only 2 things I don't like)

sweet~Low~93 said:
Where do you see ANYTHING that looks like a Camaro

Well, actually, the lack of rear side windows looks more like a Camaro/Firebird than a Mustang.

For most model years, the Camaro/Firebird didn't have rear side windows, but instead a large "C" pillar. For most model years, the Mustang did have rear side windows. I am saying "most model years" because I know there are exceptions, but those are rare.

This is why, in this respect, the 2005 Mustang has a look which is more like Camaro. I guess Ford is trying to win-over Camaro/Firebird owners with that look.

BTW, opera windows inserted into the "C" pillars don't count as rear side windows.

GT-03 said:
Well, actually, the lack of rear side windows looks more like a Camaro/Firebird than a Mustang.

For most model years, the Camaro/Firebird didn't have rear side windows, but instead a large "C" pillar. For most model years, the Mustang did have rear side windows. I am saying "most model years" because I know there are exceptions, but those are rare.

This is why, in this respect, the 2005 Mustang has a look which is more like Camaro. I guess Ford is trying to win-over Camaro/Firebird owners with that look.

BTW, opera windows inserted into the "C" pillars don't count as rear side windows.

Ok, Im confused.

Camaro's dont have rear windows

Mustangs do have rear windows

So how exactly does the 2005 Mustang which does have rear windows like most other mustangs look like a Camaro which dont have rear windows?