Does anyone elses e-brake "rattle?" Drives me nuts. Sounds like the spring..

• Sponsors (?)

Is it the button rattling?

I have a polished handle cover and my straigt pipes rattle the **** out of it. I stuck osmething between it and the console to hold it stioll till I feel like fixing it for good.

Mine buzzes, kinda like a rattle though. Happens most of the time while I am driving... :nonono:

If you press the button in sometimes it stops the noise, but then it will just come back on.

I agree that it sucks. I have no clue how to fix it.

Sometimes I beat the **** out of it with my clenched fist and it goes away for a longer period of time, but then it comes back anyways.

:bang:

Henceforward said:
Mine buzzes, kinda like a rattle though. Happens most of the time while I am driving... :nonono:

If you press the button in sometimes it stops the noise, but then it will just come back on.

I agree that it sucks. I have no clue how to fix it.

Sometimes I beat the **** out of it with my clenched fist and it goes away for a longer period of time, but then it comes back anyways.

:bang:

I know what you mean! Yes it is more like a buzz now that you mention it.

UPDATE!

Hello everyone. Well I FIXED IT! No more rattle. Instructions:

#1 Drill 2 holes in the side of your emergency brake.

#2 Spray some "great stuff" in the holes.

#3 DON"T OVERFILL it like I did or you won't have an emergency brake.

#4 I am not suggesting anyone try this at home but I have no more freaking rattle.

#5 Now I have to break some of it up so I can again use my emergency brake.

#6 After you do that, fill the hole/gap with black silycone so you it looks oem again.

I have had this annoying problem in past Mustangs and took a piece of electrical tape and carefully taped it around the button down where it goes into the handle (kind of in the little space between the button and handle, if any of that makes sense). That did the trick, it was cheap, and it was not visible.

my 91 5.0 used to do it bad, I found pulling it out like mentioned and twisting it slightly helped, my 94 does it once and a while and a little push then pull tends to shut it up for the time being.

lol funny how we all have the same annoying problem :D