Does anyone have their dash off right now?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Anyone have their dash off, and have an 87-93 that originally came with the 6-speaker stereo from ford?

If so, pm me. I'm trying to figure out how ford wired the door speakers differently through the dash

• Sponsors (?)

They are wired in parallel from the factory.

But my door speakers come out of the doors, and then the plugs are just hanging loose in the kick panels.

I am ready to just run new wires from door to dash speakers to tie in, but it's bothering the hell out of me that i can't figure out where these plug in. I need to know! lol

That's why i was wondering if someone had their car apart and had these plugged in could help me find where the factory ties them into the dash speakers

According to my EVTM, the door speakers connect into a set of plugs (the ones that you have hanging in the kick panels) and are then spliced into the dash speakers at one of the large 8-pin connectors. After that they go into the amplifier. The door speakers and dash speakers have the same color code, so I assume Ford just doubled up the wires in the connector.

According to my EVTM, the door speakers connect into a set of plugs (the ones that you have hanging in the kick panels) and are then spliced into the dash speakers at one of the large 8-pin connectors. After that they go into the amplifier. The door speakers and dash speakers have the same color code, so I assume Ford just doubled up the wires in the connector.

See, that's the part that confuses me. I think I have the same evtm. Are you looking at page 95 and 97?

I assumed ford doubled up the wires too, and was gonna buy that until someone told me their 6-speaker setup only had 8 wires on the grey 8-pin plug. According to my evtm, that grey 8pin is c265, and according to the wiring diagrams, it should only have 8 wires.

Looking back at page 95, it appears the paired up wires are connected to connector c261. This is the amp harness....which I don't have for a 1988. I only have the amp, but from photos I've seen of the amp harness, I didn't see two extra plugs for the extra speaker wires. I am Holding an 87-92 amp in my hand right now, and the male side of c261 only has 8 wires.

However, poking under my dash on the center console area, there are two 2-wire plugs clipped to the metal center colsole support above the radio. One is not plugged into anything, and the other has a green jumper wire. What are these for? If you look at this site, it shows the two plugs I am talking about

http://forums.corral.net/forums/aud...-these-connectors-factory-eq-pics-inside.html

Does anyone have a 87-92 amp harness kicking around? How many plugs are on it? 6? I can't fond a very clear pic of the 87-92 amp harness at all

Edit: actually, looking at the other thread, I count more than 8 wires coming out of the male side of c261. Since c265 only has 8 wires, I assume there needs to be another plug on the amp harness for the door speakers to branch off.

One end of C261 has got to have the door speakers wired in. According to the manual, it's the female side. The door speakers do not have anything to do with C265, they are only connected to C261. My entire chassis harness is in the basement. I'll take a look and see if the amp harness is in there somewhere.

One end of C261 has got to have the door speakers wired in. According to the manual, it's the female side. The door speakers do not have anything to do with C265, they are only connected to C261. My entire chassis harness is in the basement. I'll take a look and see if the amp harness is in there somewhere.

I agree 100%. Female side of plug and on amp harness.

Need to take a good look at the 87-92 amp harness. If you had one that would kick ass.

Can't find any 6 pin connectors that resemble the amp harness. The previous owner did a wonderful installation of an aftermarket head unit. His "splices" consisted of wire ends twisted together wrapped in masking tape. I'm not surprised that the stock amp harness is MIA. Hopefully someone else with a harness can chime in.

Thanks for trying anyway.

Ive found some pics on eBay. This one shows the connector c261 which is the front one. I could 8 wires out.

395449378_o.jpg

Here's the 87-92 harness...but I can't make out wiring on the connector

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...7429895QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo#ht_3543wt_722