Does anyone still daily a fox?

At 65 and retired the only "daily" drive I make anymore is the 2 or 3 times I make it to "Geezer Coffee" at Panera's....
This post caught my eye as my inherited 83 convertible 302 4 speed was pushed into the garage today to have the engine/tranny removed tomorrow ( hopefully) I plan on making this car into my driver, yes I have other cars, but throughout my life nothing pissed me off more was buying a car and wearing it out driving to work and back.. The EX wife was the worst at ruining cars.....
The "explorer" motor block is at the machine shop as we speak... I am building some new wiring harnesses for it, new carpet and the many many other things that seems to go along with a project like this... .. Long term ( if this car is as fun as I remember it was back in the late 80's) a TKX and a 9" rear end will follow.. AS it is I hate it that I will probably reinstall the SROD 4 speed with the new motor.... Too much "fun" money going into it right now to spend $2800 on a new TKX also.....

My fellow Geezer buddies are looking forward to Bombing around Florida in it with me..... LOL

Attachments

• DSCF0014.JPG
    DSCF0014.JPG
    455.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Sponsors (?)

In '82 I was shopping for a new car... looked at the Mustang, Supra with the wide fenders, then saw the white Capri RS 5.0 in the showroom. The Mercury dealer had a black RS for me to test drive and after that, I was sold. Many years later installed a new Ford Racing T-5 and Hurst shifter assembly with an aluminum driveshaft. Later I busted the 7.5 and found a '93 8.8 with 3.55 gears ready to go for $100. Cali emissions prevent me from modding so I add duals after the one cat like the '84 Mustang did with Super 10 muffs and 2.5 stainless steel LX pipes. This baby is not going anywhere without me!

Reactions: 1 users
In '82 I was shopping for a new car... looked at the Mustang, Supra with the wide fenders, then saw the white Capri RS 5.0 in the showroom. The Mercury dealer had a black RS for me to test drive and after that, I was sold. Many years later installed a new Ford Racing T-5 and Hurst shifter assembly with an aluminum driveshaft. Later I busted the 7.5 and found a '93 8.8 with 3.55 gears ready to go for $100. Cali emissions prevent me from modding so I add duals after the one cat like the '84 Mustang did with Super 10 muffs and 2.5 stainless steel LX pipes. This baby is not going anywhere without me!
Do you still daily it?

How come you guys never put detailed pictures on here.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you still daily it?
Yes... well almost daily around town. I should have never sold my 68 Fastback but did, so I said I want to do that again and here I am with a 38-year-old Foxbody.

Forget to mention some lowered progressive springs (silver) and chassis braces.

Attachments

• TWR-2.jpg
    TWR-2.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF04652.jpg
    DSCF04652.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I can say one thing is that is basically old-school tech which is easy to work on. The only electronic is the spark box for the distributor.
Also replaced the rear brake line with an '82 F-150 version which is longer to avoid the exhaust pipe.

Attachments

• DSCF03881.jpg
    DSCF03881.jpg
    729.6 KB · Views: 55
Really nice one owner capri. You sound like me when asked when I'm gonna sell it I tell them talk to my wife when I'm dead.She probably won't sell.

Attachments

• IMG_20201222_135812_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20201222_135812_hdr.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20200904_114113.jpg
    IMG_20200904_114113.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20200417_165357_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20200417_165357_hdr.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 52
Gonna have to tear my dead cold hands of the steering wheeee....... ;) or outlawed by Cali if you know what I mean. :O_o:Even then I'll use it as a lawn ornament

Unmolested 5.0 except for the Rad, Alt, pulleys, and valve covers.
IMG_03031.jpg

• Love
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Right on. Let me know if there's anything you could use a second set of hands on. I'm down south in Valrico. Oh, for the the gang, I still have the fox, but it looks like my daily is going to be a 99 Cherokee. I have love for them both, just found a decent body for a decent price.

Reactions: 1 user