Does The 2.3 T5 Have 2 Throw Out Bearing Sizes ?

Tom S

Oct 15, 2013
New York
The AL4D in my 93 is toasted and I spent the last 1 1/2 years collecting parts. I have an SVO T5 a stock 2.3 throw out bearing. Problem is it doesn't work. I'm not doing the swap myself so the shop ordered another thinking I may have purchased the wrong one. The one they got was the exact same one. He said he remembered in the past there were two separate one. House/dog sitting for one of my kids so I'll have to stop in tomorrow. Just asking in case someone has run into the same, has knowledge of or can post a possible solution or part number.
When I look up parts they come up as Turbo Coupe, 5.0 etc. all being the same. My 5.0 TBird is fun but I'd like to get the Mustang back on the road.

• Sponsors (?)

I put a 91 Mustang T5 into my 89 in place of the dead A4LD. I used the bellhousing, had the flywheel resurfaced, and bought a new clutch, throwout bearing and pressure plate. It all worked. I did have an issue with the dogbone cable. I shimmed under the ball stud, but had to take it out. It does take up closer to the top of the pedal travel than I would like, but works fine.