Does this sound like a bad cooling fan on an 03 Cobra?

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
I'm going over to help my cousin tonight on his 03 Cobra. He began to overheat the other day and his cooling fans were not operating. He pulled the relay or fuse it was blown! He swapped it with another fuse and the fans operate but sound really bad. Is there anything I should help him check tonight, or does this just seem like the fan took a dump?

• Sponsors (?)

Make sure he is replacing the blown fuse with one of a similar size.

Can check for low-speed radiator fan operation by turning on the air conditioning - the fan should turn on, if not, there is a problem (of course! :) ).

Also, check the electrical harness coming off of the radiator fan - those are known usual suspects and can often go bad (especially if the front end of the car has been exposed to the environment while being driven; ie - rain/snow/road salt/corrosion, etc).

The harness could be melted as well or the fan itself have just went "kaput." Another item could be the CCRM (constant control relay module IIRC); not sure how vital of a role they play in 03/04 snakes' cooling systems, but if you have exhausted every other avenue first, then it might be wise to try replacing the CCRM...small black box full of relays mounted above the front passenger wheel well above the inner fender liner.

G'luck... :cheers: