Dont buy wheels from wheel replicas

stangiac00

Oct 20, 2008
I purchased four black chrome wheels and tires from wheel replicas in katy, tx about a year ago and the plating is now flaking off all four of my wheels. I took them up and showed them to him and he told me I used something abrasive to clean them so he couldnt warranty them anymore. Like I use damn sandpaper to clean my wheels. Never in my life have i seen something of oem quality look like this after a year. Hell I have a set of Oem wheels that are six years old and I clean them with the same stuff and they sure dont look like that. Personally I will never deal with these guys again, complete bull**** imo.

DSCN1620.jpg

DSCN1624.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1620.jpg
    DSCN1620.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN1624.jpg
    DSCN1624.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Sponsors (?)

I should have added that im runing their 17x9 fobra r's on my 85 coupe. Ive had them for two years and the only part of the powder coat thats come off was due to me taking the wheels on and off. They are kinda heavy though but a good deal none the less.

Drew

yeah you shoulda been like me and asked all these B.S stupid joe dirt questions like i do on here!no really i was gonna order a set of bullit wheels that were clack chrome and the place i was getting them threw said i wouldnt be happy with the finish cause over time (they made it sound like a few years) the black chrome would wear off.Black chrome usually dont last long on anything keep in mind! peace

john:p

Yeah i have heard black chrome is just ****ty in general. What was the name of the company i would be interested in talking to them. I just cant believe their poor customer service though. They should have at least offered me something. Instead he told me I could argue with him untill I was blue in the face then said I could drive down to discount and they would tell me the same thing. Its just away of them getting around the warranty on their cheap MADE IN CHINA wheels.

FYI, the above wheel were not cleaned with just soap and water. If anyone is in Houston ask him if you can come look at his wheels. You will see there are swirl marks covering 100 percent of the wheel. You can easily see the abrasive marks all over the wheel.

It is people like this that try to flame companies on the internet without disclosing full information.

I got my repro's from them with no problems, of course they are polished alum. I thought about going with black chrome just because it's a lot nicer looking, but I've heard too much about the short life without proper care.