dont do bizness with dugan racing

Might be his first post there, buddy... But he's been here LONGER then 4 people that have posted in this thread. Just because you don't post doesn't make you an unreliable source. I don't trust you more then him, just because you've 1,700+ posts and been here since 2000. How about you people not be so quick to judge and throw up the b.s. flag?

• Sponsors (?)

Wait a minute, you said apron covers. Are you referring to the covers that go from strut tower to radiator support and cover up the nasty frame rails and swiss cheesed factory aprons? If so, where can I get those and how much are they? I am not afraid to deal with Dugan, he has always done myself and my acquaintances right.

Anyway, I would like to get some of those covers, so anyone, let me know where to get them.

This is the new busniess model for the millenium (nothing to do with dugans but reflects on 6 dealings I've had out of maybe 20 in the last year + 1/2)

1. List part you dont actually stock on website with no indication that you dont actually carry it.
2. Get order and charge customer right away then casually place an order to the sub-contract supplier for the part you just ordered
3. Transfer fest if the customer calls.
4. Eventually get the wrong part anyway a month later
5. Get promised a refund which doesnt happen until 3 months later (probably the upper limit on some state law I dont know about)

In all screaming irony, the best and most reliable business transactions Ive had have been (no lie!!) ebay buy it now auctions (worst thing was a slow shipper), and classifieds (enthusiasts usually dont screw eachother). Summit deserves an honorable mention since they fall over themselves helping the customer, track your stuff and list the actual in stock status of items. Other than that, my dealings with small shops have usually been less than ideal.

crazypete said:
This is the new busniess model for the millenium .....

I think you're right on the money. Companies don't want to carry any more inventory than they can get away with not having. In the end the consumer gets P-O'd over a poor experience, but the seller don't care cause he got paid.

And they sure take your money fast, but why the F does it take 6-8 weeks to get that money back? You can take money in a matter of minutes, but you can't refund money with in a couple days? I mean there are a few things that you have to do bookkeeping wise when you generate a refund, but it's not much harder than when you collect the money in the first place.

When you are owed a refund, you should (by law IMO) have to get your money back within 48-72 business hours (if done electronically, 7-10 business days if done by paper check, by mail) from when you are determined to be owed the refund.

Stang8URMPRT said:
Might be his first post there, buddy... But he's been here LONGER then 4 people that have posted in this thread. Just because you don't post doesn't make you an unreliable source. I don't trust you more then him, just because you've 1,700+ posts and been here since 2000. How about you people not be so quick to judge and throw up the b.s. flag?

I will take the word of a long time poster, and trusted member over that of some guy who lurks on here for years and only makes one post ripping on a company. The guy who has been here has put himself out there, let us see his personality and knowledge through the posts he has made, and more or less has his reputation. A one post wonder who doesnt even list where he lives, who he is, what he owns, etc... is someone I have a hard time trusting, or listening to! Maybe you see differently but I dont, I take what this poster says with a grain of salt, as he has no input into anything on this site, except one post that is just a rant about a company!

I called Dugan Racing about two weeks ago looking for a bellhousing. The guy I talked to was a d*ck. Very short responses and then he hung up before I even could say "thank you, bye". That's ok, I'll get my parts elsewhere.