Door Panel removal and re-installation

• Sponsors (?)

Its a pretty easy job. Heres what I remember off the top of my head:

1) Pop the caps off of your armrest using a flathead, exposing the bolts. remove the bolts using a 10mm socket (i think). Also remove the 2 screws holding in the armrest (Phillips I believe). You can then lift your armrest and remove it from the panel. If you have power windows, disconnect and harnesses.

2) Remove the screw which holds the door handle bezel and slide the bezel off.

3) Remove the screw from the bottom of the speaker cover.

4) Lightly pry at the base of the window handle (if you have manual windows). This will expose a torx headed screw. Remove that, and the window handle as well.

5) Remove the little triangle thingy that is opposite your mirrors.

6) Slide your hand under the panel and work your way around popping the clips out of the door. Once those are removed, lift the panel upwards and it will come out.

Good explanation. It does help if you buy an inexpensive door panel removal tool. It looks like a screwdriver end with a crooked flat blade at end with a forked tongue. It really helps save that door panel and is much easier to get the clips off the door.

:nice: Late model restoration supply sells a kit with a pry bar and the plastic fasteners that you destroy when you take off the door panels so you can do the jo right only 20.00 bucks and worth every penny!

good luck!