Coil pack wiring

goast1993

Apr 27, 2023
Alright, here’s the deal. I have a Foxbody mustang and need help with the coil wiring.
I don’t have the stock harness as the car had it removed before I bought it. I’m running a terminator X harness. So my question is, what is a good way to wire the coil based on all the info above? I know the negative side of the coil goes to the dizzy (unless I’m wrong about that) but I can’t just put it on a switch can I? Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

It’s simple and in the manual .
IMG_5746.jpeg
The harness you unplugged the old engine harness from on the driver side coming out of the fire wall - has a red with green tracer wire in it that’s where you can tap for the key on power for the coil .

Depending on the year car I can tell you what wire in the same plug is for the tach .

If you have an msd box there is a different diagram . Let me know if you need that

If you don’t have the Holley harness this one is a little nicer and fully shielded . If not the Holley one is fine

Last edited:
IMG_5746.jpeg
The harness you unplugged the old engine harness from on the driver side coming out of the fire wall - has a red with green tracer wire in it that’s where you can tap for the key on power for the coil .

Depending on the year car I can tell you what wire in the same plug is for the tach .

If you have an msd box there is a different diagram . Let me know if you need that

If you don’t have the Holley harness this one is a little nicer and fully shielded . If not the Holley one is fine

IMG_5746.jpeg

I must be having a different issue then because that is how I wired the coil like the diagram. Either bad grounds or a bad coil. I have the coil wired into a switch that’s for the ecm. Idk why I’m not getting any spark otherwise

I must be having a different issue then because that is how I wired the coil like the diagram. Either bad grounds or a bad coil. I have the coil wired into a switch that’s for the ecm. Idk why I’m not getting any spark otherwise
What switch for the ecm ? If it isn’t hot while cranking and running the car isn’t going to start

I have had a Holley in my car since 2017-2018 and have wired many of them so the more specific the easier it is to pinpoint

What switch for the ecm ? If it isn’t hot while cranking and running the car isn’t going to start

I have had a Holley in my car since 2017-2018 and have wired many of them so the more specific the easier it is to pinpoint
I have a terminator X stand alone ecm. The coil is tied into the same power supply I send to the ecm through the same switch. I’m getting voltage to the coil. But no spark through the dizzy on cranking. I hope that makes sense

I have a terminator X stand alone ecm. The coil is tied into the same power supply I send to the ecm through the same switch. I’m getting voltage to the coil. But no spark through the dizzy on cranking. I hope that makes sense
You have verified voltage to the coil while cranking ? White wire is to the negative side of the of the coil correct ?

You did a tps auto set correct ?

Did you go into the settings a select tfi ignition as well via either hand held or laptop ?