door weatherstrip question

hopefully someone can explain since shop manual does not and cant find anything online. At the top of the door, see pic, there is a flange that seems to obstruct the weatherstrip sitting flat against the door. if you insert the plastic retaining pin, the end of the weatherstrip sticks off the door and wont glue / perform a seal. seems like there should be a groove in the back of the weatherstrip that will seat over the flange? Cant seem to find that so what am i missing? Thanks for any help

Attachments

• 20210928_124444.jpg
    20210928_124444.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Sponsors (?)

hopefully someone can explain since shop manual does not and cant find anything online. At the top of the door, see pic, there is a flange that seems to obstruct the weatherstrip sitting flat against the door. if you insert the plastic retaining pin, the end of the weatherstrip sticks off the door and wont glue / perform a seal. seems like there should be a groove in the back of the weatherstrip that will seat over the flange? Cant seem to find that so what am i missing? Thanks for any help
So.. if anyone looked at my post and was wondering what the --- the flange/ bracket that was on the door of my 67 fastback was, after searching endlessly and finding nothing online, in my shop manual and no response from the stangnet community,,, I decided to try to remove the issue and to my surprise they were attached with epoxy or some other glue. No rust underneath, still cant figure the reason they were installed. Seems like a manufactured part, but no id mark of any kind..... If you can solve the mystery, I would be interested in any ideas.

Attachments

• 20210929_215207.jpg
    20210929_215207.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 53
Yes black weatherstrip adhesive is what you want to use
I just replaced mine in a 69 boss 302 fastback and had a similar situation and channel
Glued the hell out of them and shut the door
Came back later and all was well
The ones from GPD did not fit exactly but were close enough
Front of door was a bit short on mine but glued up well