Double clutching

• Sponsors (?)

I understand it's very important for us to learn to double clutch as well as vin deisel in the slow and the confused but that still don't make this tech..

So I moved it to talk.

And to the thread starter, adjust your clutch cable tighter and I bet your getting into 3rd at high rpm's problem goes away.

svttech76 said:
I understand it's very important for us to learn to double clutch as well as vin deisel in the slow and the confused but that still don't make this tech..

So I moved it to talk.

And to the thread starter, adjust your clutch cable tighter and I bet your getting into 3rd at high rpm's problem goes away.

Thank you for the advice and sorry if I posted in the wrong section. Changing the tranny fluid, installing the Pro 5.0 shifter, and will adjust the cable tighter today. Hope this works.

If you ever want to hear what double-clutching sounds like and get a sense of how fast one had to do it, watch the car chase scene in "Bullitt". As McQueen chases after the Charger, the double-clutching sound is prominently heard.

But it's not from the Mustang's gear box (Mustangs had synchomesh by that time)...but rather it's the taped sound of a Ford GT-40 on a race track. They had crash-box transmissions, so had to be double-clutched. :nice:

I wouldn't call Vin and Paul "idiots"...they got payed for making a movie. How many times have we seen "wrong" or "unlikely" things in movies...

They were doing there job...acting.

Paul Walker is actually into cars quite a bit...it is a passion of his.