Double din in a 96 GT?

RomanB

Apr 3, 2004
Ok, this dawned on me a couple of weeks ago. What if I was to reposition the A/C contols to where the single cd player is on a 96GT with a Mach system; this way we have two openings right next to each other. With a bit of a mod a double din unit like this one with a screen can fit. This way I will not have to have a screen flip out all the time.

• Sponsors (?)

Ack, you might want to double check the space behind the center console as it is angled going up. Ive seen one in a 97 mustang and it did not look to pretty. You are better off going with a flip up screen. But if you insist, good luck with the mod.

iskwezm said:
If you plan on using the Kenwood 7015(the one pictured),i just installed that and its not too deep,I dont know the sapce behind the dash,but it should be fine and its a very good unit.
Thats what I figured, there does seem like enough space back there behind the stock headunit and the A/C control. One of my conserns is the wiring of the headunit itself; supposetly you can only watch dvds while in park...that would suck!

RomanB said:
Thats what I figured, there does seem like enough space back there behind the stock headunit and the A/C control. One of my conserns is the wiring of the headunit itself; supposetly you can only watch dvds while in park...that would suck!

There is a reason for that, so you don't kill yourself and the carload full of kids your gonna hit while trying to watch a movie. :mad:

ChingonStang said:
There is a reason for that, so you don't kill yourself and the carload full of kids your gonna hit while trying to watch a movie. :mad:

I am fully aware of the reasons for that, thank you. I just think that its the same as talking on the phone while you are driving. I dont mean to start an argument but it all comes down to being a responsible driver. :nice:

RomanB said:
I am fully aware of the reasons for that, thank you. I just think that its the same as talking on the phone while you are driving. I dont mean to start an argument but it all comes down to being a responsible driver. :nice:

:bs: Your gonna tell me that someone trying to get directions on the phone while driving or watching "Deep Throat" on a in dash DVD player is the same thing?

Whatever :rlaugh: