Downey, CA - Do you know this Mustang?

amoniac

Jul 15, 2015
Hi guys,

I hope this topic will not bother in this section.

I bought a 66 Coupe Mustang (VIN 6R07C14812*, last data plate 3ASN653 in Cali) end of year 2017 and I'm still looking for previous owners...
Last week, while I restored the trunk, I found out a cash receipt from Home Depot in Downey, CA in... 2001!

She was sold new in San Jose, and I know she was sold in 2016 to Brent, previous owner and then I bought her from Palm Springs, CA in sept 2017. I have the name of the previous owner (Brent) but he does not have so information to share about the Mustang... I just know that the car was in a yard for about ten years untouched and the Mustang hadn't been registered since 2007.

Maybe some of you have information about it... If yes, please, send me a message. It is important to me to discover her story.

(please, don't pay attention to the data plate on the picture, there were not mine)

Attachments

• 05042018-IMG_20180405_192954.jpg
    05042018-IMG_20180405_192954.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Sponsors (?)

With all the privacy laws getting info on any previous owners will be hard, I would suggest finding a private detective to do a vin search and contact any previous owners on your behalf by mail with your contact info and they can choose to contact you.

Hi General karthief,

Thanks for your feedback. Do you think a private detective would be able to gather information for any previous owner?
Yes but like I said the privacy laws do not let him legally give you the info, he can act as your representative, it would be up to the previous owners to contact you. That is the legal way to do it, that protects the previous owners personal info from piracy.

Hi Noobz, I thought it was just for more recent vehicles. I didn't think we can have carfax with our classics (the VIN must be longer than ones of 1st gen. Mustangs...).

General karthief, that is good to know! I think I will do that once my car will be restored (because it costs me a lot, while I'm in France and taxes to import pieces are very expensive). Do you have an idea of the cost of a private detective able to do that?