Dream Build

Okay Guys,

I've got a hypothetical that if you can make it work I'd like to see. I've got a 96' 281 2v. Boss ported heads, vic jr. manifold, billet pulleys, trick flow plenum, Howard's 4.6/5.4 cams, long tubes, and SLP cai. I'm spending my extra cash to convert to a manual t56.
I found this really neat HKS import style blower that looks like it could be welded to the cold air intake where the air filter is, the metal trimmed one that came with the intake. My thinking is you could bypass the mass air flow sensor.
The blower is about $2,400

If the filter can be put back on the blower, i.e., if there's enough room, great, but not a deal breaker, as for the intercooler , Mishimoto, just started making, or I just found, a down force intake sort of ram design that seems to enhance flow
Now as far as connecting, I think if connecting the pipes is too hard you could hose it and use a rubber over sleeve and clamp on the blower side and straight clamp on the block, just to get a reading.
I've been toying with whether or not to do the bottom end build first to see how this works but, in theory I would try to get to 297, but thinking it may be safer just to do forged crank. As far as the pistons, I'm thinking doomed pistons are the way to tell without actually trying it.
If anyone gets this, Please post.

Thanks in advance......

• Sponsors (?)

How are your metal fab skills? A belt drive blower will take some solid brackets and a pulley. The kits that fit cost so much for the R&D and prefabbed parts. The inter cooler and blower would sit on my shelf’s for a long time I have a 2007 4.6 it would be fun on.
Dished pistons will allow more air before detonating as they lower the compression, Dished pistons raise compression, but you probably meant that.
I hope you have a tuner lined up for the ECU.i bet the naturally aspirated changes alone could use it.

How are your metal fab skills? A belt drive blower will take some solid brackets and a pulley. The kits that fit cost so much for the R&D and prefabbed parts. The inter cooler and blower would sit on my shelf’s for a long time I have a 2007 4.6 it would be fun on.
Dished pistons will allow more air before detonating as they lower the compression, Dished pistons raise compression, but you probably meant that.
I hope you have a tuner lined up for the ECU.i bet the naturally aspirated changes alone could use it.
Well not that I have either. I just kind of gave up thinking about a traditional dream build with a slide blower over the intake. I feel like there's enough sit that can be put to good use. My first inclination was the drive extender. It's still just a dream idea. Like finding pistons to support cutout exhaust turbos. I agree with some welding knowledge there are more feed points but without reinventing the wheel this 'idea's setup would stay with you every step of way. I'm still accepting the reality that a tuner is a must these days.