Dream Giveaway Legit?

mind84

Nov 26, 2013
What do you guys think of the Dream Giveaway? This year they are offering a chance to win a 1969 Shelby GT500 and a 2014 GT500 with some custom features. Go to dreamgiveaway.com to check it out. After a little bit of internet searching you can find that the company only gives a very small amount of the proceeds towards charity. This understandably upsets many people. I know it sounds so wrong, but I'm in it for the cars. I give a few hundred bucks every year to local charities directly out of my check through the CFC. Mainly charities for kids, I'm a sucker for the kids. Anyway, do you guys think that a random drawing is actually held for the grand prize? If you buy a ticket do you actually have a shot? Anybody actually know a past winner?

• Sponsors (?)

They've presented them at the big local show here the past few years; legit as far as I know. My club hosts the show but if anything weren't on the up and up I wouldn't be privy to it anyway.

I know one young guy won them and was either trying to sell them, sold them to a dealer who flipped them, or contracted a dealer to sell them. Another older gent won recently and donated (one of?) them back to the charity.