Drone-free muffler promised!!!!

Just got the new 5.0 magazine, and they have an article showing an installation of a new, straight through Magnaflow muffler with some sort of a flapper valve inside that promises a quiet exhaust---WITH NO DRONE---for S197s---until you stand on it, at which point the flapper valve opens. The muffler is a bit longer than their standard muffler, so a custom installation is currently required, but a bolt-on version is promised.
A great idea, since all aftermarkets have some degree of the mind-numbing, dreaded drone at highway speeds.

• Sponsors (?)

Just got the new 5.0 magazine, and they have an article showing an installation of a new, straight through Magnaflow muffler with some sort of a flapper valve inside that promises a quiet exhaust---WITH NO DRONE---for S197s---until you stand on it, at which point the flapper valve opens. The muffler is a bit longer than their standard muffler, so a custom installation is currently required, but a bolt-on version is promised.
A great idea, since all aftermarkets have some degree of the mind-numbing, dreaded drone at highway speeds.
Interesting invention. However my GTBs don't drone but I can hear them at times. Mostly during low RPM high torque driving. On the freeway they are very quite. But it is a mustang not a Lincon Town Car so I expect to hear a little engine sound.

IMHO, There are no drone-free aftermarket mufflers; this'll be the first. My 2010 is my 3rd Mustang, and I was staying w/the stockers till now. Some believe the drone is insignificant, but it drove me nuts on #1 & #2 Mustang. And I had Borlas w/high flow CATs.

IMHO, There are no drone-free aftermarket mufflers; this'll be the first. My 2010 is my 3rd Mustang, and I was staying w/the stockers till now. Some believe the drone is insignificant, but it drove me nuts on #1 & #2 Mustang. And I had Borlas w/high flow CATs.

I have to respectfully disagree with you Bro. Have you seen the countless posts by Corsa owners all confirming "no drone"? I have them on my '06 GT and I can assure you, there truly is no drone. There is a good reason for this, Corsas are not made like any of the other aftermarket mufflers. If you want to see the information on how they work, it is on their web sight.

Experience is king. I have corsas on my 550+HP 414c.i. They ELIMINATED the drone. But without cats they are LOOUD at WOT. Quiet otherwise except in startup when you have to floor it sometimes with sn95's. I used to think like AL and tried flowmaster delta flow, 2 chamber, 3 chamber, hookers (muffler , lol), dynomax SUPER turbo. I could not believe my ears but corsa are no joke man. $$$$$ too.