Dropped the '07 :D Plenty O' Pics

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
East Moline, IL
I have to go take a drive in it, just had to show SOMEONE lol. Eibach Pro Kit, Tokico D-Specs, and BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar. I also have the LCA relocation brackets and UCA ready to go in, but I'm on vacation next week, so I'm waiting until then.

Everyone says the fronts are the hardest. If you're only replacing the springs, I understand. But if your doing struts/shocks too, then the fronts are way easier. The PHB, rear shocks, and springs took about 5 hours. The front springs/struts took about an hour. I was amazed at how easy the fronts really are.

Here's a few pics. First one of the car is with stock wheels. Next few are with my track wheels/tires. I lightened the shadows in a few of them so you can see the drop. My new cruising wheels are sitting in the garage and going on next week. I'll be posting more pics then.

Before drop
2304218401_1be3bc641c.jpg

After drop
2305024022_7ef4db3efe.jpg

2305021848_07f86e451e.jpg

2305019652_7fbfaf2c32.jpg

2305662190_3d053c3fa2.jpg

2305641250_d96b06c60c_b.jpg

2304841565_42a422cdcf_b.jpg

2304845833_e25411f0dd_b.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Just took her for a ride around town and came home to wash the salt off (new pic of her nice and clean). The ride is great. It's a lot better than stock, and that's even with the rear set to firm (my new tire setup and drag tires are larger than stock. Don't want to hit a bump and rub). I came out of Autozone after returning the spring compressors and it looks fantastic. I can't WAIT to see it with the new wheels/tires.

And I know, the grill isn't sitting right on the passenger side. I'll have to take the heat gun to it when I'm on vacation.

2306109806_96d67fdbeb_b.jpg

I know you said the ride is great vs. stock - do you mean performance or comfort wise? I really want to drop mine (for looks) but don't want it to ride like other cars I riden in that are lowered...

I know you said the ride is great vs. stock - do you mean performance or comfort wise? I really want to drop mine (for looks) but don't want it to ride like other cars I riden in that are lowered...

Haven't been able to really get on it and throw it into a corner or anything, but comfort wise, it's a whole new car. Mind you, I don't even have a front sway bar.

2 important things are needed when lowering to get a good ride.
  1. High quality springs, designed for your driving style
  2. High quality dampers again designed for your driving style (or adjustable)

If you only purchase springs, you'll most likely be disappointed. Especially if you're looking for the same or better ride than stock. And obviously, you don't want cut springs. Not if you're going for the best ride quality, anyway.

I've heard many good things about performance, so I'm sure this setup is great for performance, both road and drag. And I'll find out in September, when we do Midwest Mustang Madness.

Believe it or not here in Plano, Texas we have thunderstorms today with a high around 70 and rain and snow in the forecast for tomorrow.

I'm just glad that my parking brake got fixed last winter when it froze up on me. Have you had any problems with yours?

Darkfire, did you do anything to correct geometry. CC plates or anything?

I'm about to swap my ultralights out for the frpp springs. I already have dspec S/S and steeda PH bar. I'm about to order the springs and just wonder if I should go ahead and get some C/C plates and maybe a bumpsteer kit. Even the ultralights changed my steering.

Your drop looks good, I've had my suspension now for over a year and I'm still tired of the tire gap. Ride quality is excellent but it just wasn't a big enough drop.

Nope, no problems with my parking brake.

I haven't done anything yet. I'm taking it in for an alignment after everything settles, but it looks pretty good. I think camber bolts are all I will need, if anything.