Duraspark Wiring Question ?

Doing the Duraspark wiring conversion into my unmodified 66 A code. I have a new, boxed module, duraspark distributor and matching coil. The module has six wires in two connectors. Green wire and black wire in one connector. Other connector has purple, red, white and orange wires. The distributor has 3 wires: black; purple with black trace; and red with black trace. The module has a black grommet holding the wires.

I did a search and found various diagrams, but in all those diagrams the colour codings on the distributor and module matched - mine don't..

Would I be correct in thinking the distributor to module wiring goes:
dist. black to module black
dist. purple & black to module purple
dist. red & black to module orange ??

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

KiwiGT said:
Doing the Duraspark wiring conversion into my unmodified 66 A code. I have a new, boxed module, duraspark distributor and matching coil. The module has six wires in two connectors. Green wire and black wire in one connector. Other connector has purple, red, white and orange wires. The distributor has 3 wires: black; purple with black trace; and red with black trace. The module has a black grommet holding the wires.

I did a search and found various diagrams, but in all those diagrams the colour codings on the distributor and module matched - mine don't..

Would I be correct in thinking the distributor to module wiring goes:
dist. black to module black
dist. purple & black to module purple
dist. red & black to module orange ??

:shrug:

Are you using a "blue grommet" duraspark? That is the color where the wires go directly into the duraspark.

All conversions normally start with the blue grommet one. About $20 new at advance.