Dust Shields

Fuzion

May 24, 2005
Virginia
Incredibly I have collected all of the pieces I need for my 5-lug conversion in exactly one month. YAHHH!!!
Cept for my dust shields......
I have been hearing mixed opinions on which ones to use. I am going to be installing 13 inch rotors with Bullitt pbr calipers in the front and 11.65 inch in the rear.
Im using 94 spindles and northracecar brackets in the rear.
Which ones do I need?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

In my opinion, why would you go through all that trouble and put nice brakes behind a nice set of 17s if you're just going to cover it all up? That's what they make brake/wheel cleaner for!

so dust shileds aren't needed?
i do want them to look good but more importantly i want them to perform at their best and last a while too.
thanks for the input im a brake noob...

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
In my opinion, why would you go through all that trouble and put nice brakes behind a nice set of 17s if you're just going to cover it all up? That's what they make brake/wheel cleaner for!

Dust shields go behind the rotors not in front.

I have the exact same setup. Here are the part #'s. These are ford part #'s by the way.

Front - f4zz-2k005-a
f4zz-2k004-a

Rear - f4zz-2c028-a

Those are the shields you need.

I just went to the Ford dealer and got 94 Cobra shields . Then I didn't even use the front ones :shrug: It still stops the same, even in pouring rain which I've sadly had to deal with a couple times thereafter. (damn car shows/bad weather!)

I'm just going to get them for peace of mind...
heard they only cost about 10 bucks earch rite?

87ttopstang:
Thanks for the info bro..
two different part numbers for the front, left and right and only one part number the rear? or should i look for the part number for the second rear. im calling the dearler soon.

Fuzion said:
87ttopstang:
Thanks for the info bro..
two different part numbers for the front, left and right and only one part number the rear? or should i look for the part number for the second rear. im calling the dearler soon.

The rears are the same. The fronts are different for each side. They were around $10-12 each. Don't get the rivets to attach them. I just used some 1/4" bolts with some washers and nylon lock nuts. Just make sure the bolts are not too long.

Great, thanks a lot for the info guys!
i hate rivets, i had to deal with them when i was taking the stock busted dustshileds from my 94 spindles from the junkyard.
thanks again!