Dyno Session almost didn't happen thank to Pro M

aztecgwynn

Apr 3, 2015
So showed up to Modern Performance Tuning on 4/17/18 at 2PM. I showed up with a brand new 19LB fender well Pro M Mass Air. I attempted to install Pro M a few days before but while doing that I notice Pro M meter was a bit longer than stock unit so I had to scrap installing Pro M because I just didn't have saw to cut cold air intake tube!
Saturday comes I asked tuner to please install Pro M MAF mechanic happily agrees but after trying to install he tells me I'm going to have to cut your BBK cold air piping to get MAF on.
Once everything was installed tuner had secured car, laptop and all electronics used were ready to go but tuner called his mechanic over to help him with an issue he was having. Turned out issue he was having was Pro M MAF issues. Turns out that when mechanic squeezed connector top of Pro M MAF was recognized but once he let go Pro M MAF not recognized and car ran like garbage. Pro M MAF was removed and inspected and issue was found turns out that 4 male pins in Pro M MAF 2 of those connectors were pushed in slightly, therefore not making good contact.Tuner even said Pro M makes good stuff "I have never had any issues with ANY Pro M products"!
I thought I was dead in the water because my BBK cold air piping was cut in order to install longer Pro M MAF. Again I can't thank young guys at Modern Performance and Tuning they just removed electronics from stock 55MM stock Ford MAF and installed on Pro M MAF housing. A couple of tweaks and it worked no issues at all.
On too Dyno session my 1st dyno session was done by Keith in Chandler Az 4/19/17 my 93 5.0 Mustang had Edelbrock performer heads, BBK equal length headers, Mac cat back exhaust, BBK off x pipe, BBK cold air intake, stock upper/lower intake, stock 55 MAF, stock 19LB injectors, stock 60mm throttle body, stock fuel pressure regulator. After tune was set and timing was adjusted Keith got 226 HP.
Now on too 4/7/18 Edelbrock performer heads, BBK equal length headers, Mac cat back exhaust, BBK off road X pipe,, BBK cold air intake, Cobra/GT 40 upper lower, Pro M MAF with Ford electronics on MAF housing, 19LB injectors, stock 60mm throttle body, stock fuel pressure regulator. Now after adjustments were made 287.6HP.
Some of you members will ask "why didn't you return PRO M MAF when you knew that it was damaged" reason with that my drive to Modern Performance and Tuning was a bit over an hour away drive for me so I didn't want too do that drive 3 more times / other issue I had was mechanic had cut my BBK cold air piping so I could not put stock MAF Ford unit back piping was now too short. So I really had no choice but too move forward.

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    307.6 KB · Views: 202
  • fullsizeoutput_ea.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ea.jpeg
    329.4 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0625.JPG
    IMG_0625.JPG