dynoed my 01 today?? does it look right?

DCx 98GT

Founding Member
Oct 31, 2001
San Bernardino California
I took the cobra to a real crap hole of a dyno place here in my home town (san bernardino Ca) I say crap hole because it was a little home made import type shop, not very respectable looking. My friend found out about it on a honda board, so we wnt and checked it out. My friend got is honda s 2000 dynoed there a few days ago and it looks like he was putting down 10 less hp than some other peoples stock graphs. My friends 04 GT only layed down 219hp and 258tq, is that normal?

My SAE corrected numbers were

HP: 282.7
TQ: 276.1

My air fuel was pretty much in the 13-12.5 zone unit around 5500 then it got down as low as 12. Also is it normal for the graph to look like a snake? It moved up and down throughout the whole run. I made decent HP up until 5000 then at around 5300 it drops way low to almost 250hp then jumps up to 282 at around 6500. I figured I would have better numbers. All I have done is a magnaflow x w/ cats, magnaflow catback, and a drop in K&N with silencer removed. My car only has 22,xxx miles on it so I figure it might still have the stock plugs, should I change those or just leave em? I want to take it to a better dyno shop and see what it can do. As soon as I can I will post my actual graph.

Justin

• Sponsors (?)

Just dynoed my 99 today made 304 horses and 306.7 lbs of torque
i think i was running lean toward 5000+ rpm it dropped down to an 11.6 or somthing like that
i have some bolt ons but i was still happy :nice:

11.6 is RICH...the higher the number is, the leaner the a/f actually is...so 13.6 would be lean.

98GT...the graph should pretty much go up hill, then around 5300 RPM's it should start to go down hill. The graph should look smooth though...it shouldn't go up, down, up, down. A stock Cobra should see an average a/f of around 13 or so. It will start to go rich in the upper RPM's to about 12.5/1.

A stock Cobra should put down around 272RWHP.
With an o/r h pipe and Flowmasters I put down 281RWHP....with ALL the possible bolt-ons and a P&P intake I saw 318RWHP while still n/a.

When you say "up and down", do you mean little peaks throughout the dyno chart? If so, no big deal. A lot of times graphs can look choppy if the image is compressed.

Your HP/TQ sounds good :nice:

Cal Cobra's graph is very typical. Every stock DOHC graph I've ever seen has shown a dip in the curves between 5000 and 5500. To get that out, you need a chip that keeps the timing constant (usually 23-24 deg total) and a good tuner to get the fuel right.

What kind of dyno was it? If it was a Mustang dyno it would read a little lower than if it were a Dynojet...And something to keep in mind, dyno numbers mean nothing unless you use the same dyno each time since there are usually variances between dynomometers...